Lighteners help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seancollinshaie

Reaction score
Hey folks , just looking for a bit of insight on what you all find as the best hair lighteners with regards to bleach?
What do you find the best for lift, speed, colour/tone, condition etc. ?
Open to all brands :)

Hi :)
I personally use Blondor as I find it lifts very clean. I use it with Olaplex so the damage is minimal. I've heard very good things about Goldwell Silk Lift, it's very gentle on the hair and it uses a conditioning serum. Loreal and Schwarzkopf make good bleaches too but it depends on which brand you were trained with and you are more comfortable using xx

Hi :)
I personally use Blondor as I find it lifts very clean. I use it with Olaplex so the damage is minimal. I've heard very good things about Goldwell Silk Lift, it's very gentle on the hair and it uses a conditioning serum. Loreal and Schwarzkopf make good bleaches too but it depends on which brand you were trained with and you are more comfortable using xx

Originally loreal when i was 16 , then wella when i was 18, then since ive experimented mostly with schwarzkopf. Which blonder do you use? What do you think of it with regards to speed? I found it quite slow & yellow at times.
Ive used fudge speed bleach too and really enjoyed using that.

I use Blondor the cream version not the powder one. It lifts nice, but not as fast as Blondme (but blondme is very strong and you have to be careful with overlapping).
I have not used Loreal bleaches but I heard very good stuff about them. Actually I am thinking about switching to Goldwell Silk lift, I read a few threads in here and a lot of people say it is soo gentle. But it is on the expensive side and clients often choose the cheap version and not what is better for their hair :(

Since our salon switched from Schwarzkopf to Wella our blondes hasn't been the same. Blondme and Vario are powerfully and speedy lighteners , yes it does cause great damage if you are not careful. Blondor is very slow and minimal damage I worry little about over processing however it's weak even with a high developer. Especially in balayage work where you need it to lift past certain undertone. I miss blondme soooooo much

I use either Blondor powder lightener or California Glam. I recently started using California Glam and its awesome! There is a blue base for levels 5 and lower and violet for 6 and up-you can also mix them and use them reversed of course. The tonal quality is great and works superwellwith Olaplex!

Since our salon switched from Schwarzkopf to Wella our blondes hasn't been the same. Blondme and Vario are powerfully and speedy lighteners , yes it does cause great damage if you are not careful. Blondor is very slow and minimal damage I worry little about over processing however it's weak even with a high developer. Especially in balayage work where you need it to lift past certain undertone. I miss blondme soooooo much

This seems like my past experience with blondor. I've found it slow myself. Ive never used blondme by schwarzkopf, only every tried vario, could you elaborate on its pros & cons please?

I use either Blondor powder lightener or California Glam. I recently started using California Glam and its awesome! There is a blue base for levels 5 and lower and violet for 6 and up-you can also mix them and use them reversed of course. The tonal quality is great and works superwellwith Olaplex!

Ive never heard of califronia glam!? Who makes this & where is it available?

This seems like my past experience with blondor. I've found it slow myself. Ive never used blondme by schwarzkopf, only every tried vario, could you elaborate on its pros & cons please?

Blondme is stronger than Vario and lifts fast and clean in my opinion Vario is more gentle and the white coloured Vario makes it easy to see the undertone. Only downside to Blondeme is damage and using its own dedicated developers so carrying more stock. Schwarzkopf is big on using seperate developers of each line eg Essensity

i trained with lreal, the blue powder bleach can be a bit yellowish at times (dependant on hair)

i absolutely love Loreals Platinum cream bleach (you have to use their cream peroxide with it though) and can ve very expensive to use but gives a really nice white blonde on any hair and has lots of variety (the peroxide only comes in 30 or 40 vol but you can do 1-1 or 1-2 or 1-3 ratio depending on how strong you want it which is absolutly great to chop and change between fine and thich hair) and works well with olaplex

i have also used Blondeme and absolutely love it and get it to replace the loreal blue powder when ever i can :) it is very strong but works so well with the olaplex

hope this helps :)

Is Blondme white or blue? I always find blues to be quite yellow at times. I like a nice cream not custard lift lol

Blondme is blue powder

Blondor is great, on scalp in foils & balyage. vario is great for everything, silk lift is great all round and is very very gentle, framesi de colour is great for everything. The only one I've ever caused damage with out of those is vario but with olaplex it's fine

Latest posts

Back