Lightening hair from an ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherdickie

Reaction score
My client is wanting to completely lighten her hair from dark to light ombre. She is naturally strawberry blonde with only 1 weeks regrowth. Her ends are about a level 7 or 8 but really warm and her mid lengths and root is about a 4 or a 5 (only seen her breifly) because of her natural colour she is constantly dying her hair and wishes to go lighter so she gets more time out of her hair.. we use loreal in my salon. Because she doesnt have much root i was just gonna do a full head highlights missing out the ends and then tone with maybe a level 7. She isnt trying to get major results first time just gradually get lighter. If anyone has any better ideas please tell!

thanks

Why would you do full head highlights if your doing an ombré?

My client is wanting to completely lighten her hair from dark to light ombre. She is naturally strawberry blonde with only 1 weeks regrowth. Her ends are about a level 7 or 8 but really warm and her mid lengths and root is about a 4 or a 5 (only seen her breifly) because of her natural colour she is constantly dying her hair and wishes to go lighter so she gets more time out of her hair.. we use loreal in my salon. Because she doesnt have much root i was just gonna do a full head highlights missing out the ends and then tone with maybe a level 7. She isnt trying to get major results first time just gradually get lighter. If anyone has any better ideas please tell!

thanks
Use a colour remover. That might be enough? Then tone?

Oh no I misread I thought you said she wanted an ombré still! Sorry.. Yes you are right a full head of highlights will help break it up, you can do a detox to try and get some warmth out but the bleach will do most, than pick a nice ash glaze if it's still too warm!

yeah sorry didnt make that clear! trying to get rid of ombre. thanks for advice!

I agree with tori, colour remover then tone. You need to get her base even and the same as her natural before you start highlighting or you'll end up with a build up of highlights which is quite damaging.

can anyone recommend a good colour remover? we have loreal efassor here but i havent yet tried it.

Effassor isn't a true colour remover. I don't think.

I've used Goldwells colour remover. That was good. But. I have nothing to compare it to.

I've heard BlondiRae and Affinage is good.

Effassor isn't a true colour remover. I don't think.

I've used Goldwells colour remover. That was good. But. I have nothing to compare it to.

I've heard BlondiRae and Affinage is good.
Effesor is like bleach. I call that class color removers. I bet the goldwell one was a color reducer. That's my go.

Effesor is like bleach. I call that class color removers. I bet the goldwell one was a color reducer. That's my go.

Ah. Yeah. That's what I was thinking. The reducer (usually) is more gentle on the hair.

Ah. Yeah. That's what I was thinking. The reducer (usually) is more gentle on the hair.

It definitely is. It certainly strips moisture, but doesn't seem to actually impact the integrity of the hair.

Latest posts

Back