Lilac to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucylu95

Reaction score
Hi, my hair colour is usually quite platinum/white blonde however I put a lilac over it last week
I do this by putting a couple of drops of 'plum' directions into a bowl full of white conditioner I also added a drop of "midnight blue" as the mix was to pinkish
When I dried my hair it seems that my hair only sucked up that drop of blue..
So I put a pink mix all over to sort of neutralise it and now it's sort of a faded lilac/silver

I haven't washed it yet as I want advice on the best way to strip it out back to blonde...

First picture is what colour it is now,
second is what I want it back to again
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397757217.676781.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397757279.964083.jpg
I

Ok so you already asked a similar question.. But now your gonna strip thus old colour!?? What are you planning on stripping it with? It looks to me like some areas haven't been bleached as light and some sections are so light and porous..

Firstly your sucked in the blue and repelled the red because it's super porous.. It will always suck in ash and repel warmth...

Do you have a competent colourist to do this for you?

Please see a color professional before you wreck your own hair :)

The other question was completely different.. So no, and if you read the post properly I haven't planned to strip it with anything that's why I haven't already because I'm asking advice on what to strip it with..
All my hair is bleached the same, it's was all the same level of blonde before and is all as damaged as each other..
I am a qualified hairdresser already just training to be a senior stylist.
Not a lot of people, even hair colourists know the best ways of getting this sort of colour out of hair as it's more experience than professional hair stripping or bleach which are both done in the salon.
I appreciate your concern but im quite capable to wash and colour my own hair just as well and easy as my hairdresser does..
I'm simply asking advice on what's the best way to remove this colour.. Not for all the other stuff like don't ruin your hair etc.

I'm not doubting your qualifications babe sorry if that's the impression I gane you... But in both posts you're referring to your own hair.. Perhaps it would be better if you tell us what you think you need to do and we can advise if it's the right direction..
If you're in a salon training to be a senior stylist can you not ask more senior staff for advice?

I'm not in the salon at the moment I'm on a 2 week break and I know some people have used head and shoulders/ fairy liquid because they're cleaning/clarifying so it sometimes washed the colour out..
After that Im going to have afew conditioning treatments and hopefully have my hair coloured on Thursday night or Friday (fingers crossed!)
Just bought new argon oil and silver shampoo from sallys, didn't buy any colour I'm just going to pay and have it done when I go back to college :)
I'm very pale and I'm lucky that such a pale, white blonde suits me I'm nervous though incase the lowlights and slight change of blonde won't suit me :s as I won't be able to bleach it after

No oil or silver shampoo. They will get in the way of removing these dyes.
Sample clean touch in a spot. Yeah the skin dye remover. Ut removes dye
Sent from my LG-MS770 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wash it with Paul Mitchell shampoo two. It's really good for stripping out colour and some good treatments before you recolour x

May sound unprofessional but I stripped mine out by using baby johnsons shampoo for two weeks then use a light bleach bath or bleach and water mix to shift the rest... Then leave it alone I'd say for a few weeks with conditioning treatments being done as it won't make it feel great then maybe tone to a warm blonde?

Colour reducers don't remove direct dyes so don't waste the product.

Direct dyes needs to be removed by a bleaching agent.

Does part of being a senior stylist involve colour correction and using toners and removing them?

What would you hope oil and silver shampoo would do? Logic says add more silicone and more coolness to already cool hair which is the complete opposite of what you need to do.

As for the senior stylist comment, your talking about being in full time college then going to be a junior in a salon in your other post.

Senior stylists would be able to tackle this sort of issue and generally have at least 5 years post training experience.

You can come back defensive but it is a truthful statement.

Hi there, your best option is to allow your hair to fade naturally as the blue tone is quite difficult to remove from bleached hair. It will fade though but does take a while... And don't use fairy dish washing liquid! It'll feel dreadful and probably won't budge. Either counteract the blue (refer to your colour wheel) or wait for it to fade.

That's quite rude to be honest.
I bought argan oil and silver shampoo ready for when I'm blonde again and because the oil is good for your hair seeing as Its going to get very dry after removing the colour..
And bleach isn't the only option as you seem to think so.. As I've seen other people manage to fade out the colour completely using other techniques and products
And "as for the senior stylist comment" I never said I am a senior stylist and I never implied I would have that position in a salon straight after college hence me saying I'll be working as a junior. No need to be so arrogant and patronising, you don't know everything, sorry! 😘

I bought argan oil and silver shampoo ready for when I'm blonde again and because the oil is good for your hair seeing as Its going to get very dry after removing the colour..
And bleach isn't the only option as you seem to think so.. As I've seen other people manage to fade out the colour completely using other techniques and products
And "as for the senior stylist comment" I never said I am a senior stylist and I never implied I would have that position in a salon straight after college hence me saying I'll be working as a junior. No need to be so arrogant and patronising, you don't know everything, sorry! 😘

No offence but I think you're the rude one. You did say you're training to be a senior stylist so I think that's where the confusion happened.

You might have been told a different method but the answers given are the correct way. Sorry to be blunt but you're training and have never come across this, posters on here are experienced and have experienced this before.

You have been given lots of info here which will not only help you now but in your career. To be honest I think it's daft not to take the advice given.

Personally I would try and fade naturally as best as possible, for your hair to have a rest Hun, otherwise you would have to use bleach. I'm not sure if a removing agent would be to much help. Also stay away from any home remedies just to be safe as it could do more harm than good.

I didn't say I knew everything, but I am more experienced than you. If you know better than me then why are you on here asking for a solution you already know the answer too??

Hair is only dry and damaged if a stylist pushes the boundaries too much.

At what point did I say I haven't learnt or come across these solutions.. Ofcourse I have! That doesn't mean they're the easiest or best way to remove this sort of colour..
And you know just because you have more experience it doesn't mean you know better than me or everyone else in every part of hairdressing.. There's always other ways to do things and sometimes they work better.

There are other people on here simply just giving advice and that's it.. Where as there's you and a few others who get patronising or rude.. Questioning other things like my experience or training etc, which if I remember I didn't ask for advice on these things.

No but it is a rule not to give out advice to non pros, hence why you are being asked!

In my opinion and to my knowledge a bleaching agent is the only way to remove a direct dye.

Feel free to share your suggestion as it may be something I haven't seen before, I am actually interested to know what other way there is.

I am a qualified hairdresser already just training to be a senior stylist.

Urm...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Honestly the best option you have is to let it fade naturally, I always over tone my hair purposely and it washes out within 3-4 washes to a cool blonde.
Or you can use a clarifying shampoo and after the lilac/blue has come out you can tone it.
Stripping that it out will be completely pointless you're just gonna end up causing unnecessary damage to your hair. :)

Honestly the best option you have is to let it fade naturally, I always over tone my hair purposely and it washes out within 3-4 washes to a cool blonde.
Or you can use a clarifying shampoo and after the lilac/blue has come out you can tone it.
Stripping that it out will be completely pointless you're just gonna end up causing unnecessary damage to your hair. :)

Thanks, that's the most help I've got from this thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back