Liquid and powder enhancements question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainiac

Reaction score
Quick question please ladies... if a liquid and powder enhancement is lifting completely at the cuticle is this because if done it too thick or because I've put it too close to the cuticle?? Or any other reason?
Thank you :) x

Could be either you've suggested, but more likely improper PREP, so you need to ensure all non-living tissue, natural oils and dust are removed from the surface of the nail plate before application. 90% of lifting is down to insufficient prep :eek:

Or some clients like myself just have nails that lift, I swop the topcoat which is glaze n go to iz gel as my topcoat and I don't have lifting . Could be something simple like that.

I'm new to acrylics having recently qualified but exactly as Trinity said, it's usually down to prep work prior to application of L&P. Can also depend on the client. My friend works at a swimming pool and constantly has her hands in the water for testing. Her nails never last, no matter who she has them done with and what products are used. x

Or some clients like myself just have nails that lift, I swop the topcoat which is glaze n go to iz gel as my topcoat and I don't have lifting . Could be something simple like that.
I've never heard this before. Your topcoat causes your L&P to lift? Why does that happen?

I do my prep the same as I do for shellac so use cuticle away, remove cuticle from nail plate, then deactivate with soap and water, then scrubfresh. Then after i've applied the tip i scrubfresh again. Is there anymore I can do??

What tools are you using?
List step by step exactly what you do x

What tools are you using?
List step by step exactly what you do x
Have listed on post above. Have trained with CND for shellac and don't have any problems so use the same prep but I scrubfresh after I've applied the tip. The lifting is not on all the nails just a couple.

I'm trained with Nsi so it may be different but I have more steps in my prep than you have listed. When I asked what tools you use and to list step by step I meant how you remove the cuticle and with what.
I'm sure a cnd trained tech can advise further.

Have listed on post above. Have trained with CND for shellac and don't have any problems so use the same prep but I scrubfresh after I've applied the tip. The lifting is not on all the nails just a couple.
I'm CND trained but not in shellac only in l+p and I think for shellac its PEP but PREP for acrylics.. I have my Cnd bible in my room but I think with acrylics you use your koala buffer to gently buff the nail before scrubfreshing.. (By gently buff my educator taught us to hold the file so the curved end was horizontal to the cuticle and gently buff by pulling the koala file down the nail towards the free edge) x

I'm CND trained but not in shellac only in l+p and I think for shellac its PEP but PREP for acrylics.. I have my Cnd bible in my room but I think with acrylics you use your koala buffer to gently buff the nail before scrubfreshing.. (By gently buff my educator taught us to hold the file so the curved end was horizontal to the cuticle and gently buff by pulling the koala file down the nail towards the free edge) x
Yes I do that too!! After I've done the cuticle work and scrubfresh, I use the koala to buff off the shine, dust off and then apply the tip and then scrubfresh again before applying bonder. I'm actually not using cnd liquid and powder but I know my pep from cnd x

I'm trained with Nsi so it may be different but I have more steps in my prep than you have listed. When I asked what tools you use and to list step by step I meant how you remove the cuticle and with what.
I'm sure a cnd trained tech can advise further.
I use my cuticle pusher I got when I trained with CND that I use to remove cuticle before shellac and like I say I don't have problems with shellac, have been doing it 3 years now. Maybe it's not my pep??.

What L&P are you using?

This is a fab video that might help

I've never heard this before. Your topcoat causes your L&P to lift? Why does that happen?

I have no idea it happens to a few clients maybe it's my climate even Nsi themselves have no idea I have used new bottles Incase my glaze n go was stale or old and even still lifts.
But just a reg gel on top and it's fine.

No idea makes no sense to me either but long as I worked out a way or method to keep them on and lift free I am happy

Do you have any pictures of any finished enhancements you've done? x

Yes I do that too!! After I've done the cuticle work and scrubfresh, I use the koala to buff off the shine, dust off and then apply the tip and then scrubfresh again before applying bonder. I'm actually not using cnd liquid and powder but I know my pep from cnd x
Couple things
Is the Scubfreshed nail truly dry when you apply the bonder?
Are you applying Scrub Fresh to the applied tip?

Couple things
Is the Scubfreshed nail truly dry when you apply the bonder?
Are you applying Scrub Fresh to the applied tip?
I would say so yes, and yes I just scrubfresh the whole nail including the tip x

Attachments

• 20160617_211052.jpg
    20160617_211052.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 91
I can see some of the cuticle touching your enhancement of you look carefully.
Some clients with tough cuticles I do a hand soak first , some technicians disagree with me but it helps to push back cuticles esp if they nail biters.

Latest posts

Back