Liquid & powder advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemL

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying some coloured acrylic powders (naio - if you can recommend any others, please do). I work with CND at the moment and my question is can I use my CND monomer with other powders?

X

It's never a good idea to mix brands in my opinion. You can't guarantee the result or lasting power.

I do know that there are nail techs who mix brands and have great results, but if a situation comes up where the enhancement lifts or damage the natural nail you can't rely on msds or manufacturing support.

Some brand mixing like placing another gel polish over an acrylic from another brand or topcoating with a different topcoat on enhancements are low risk, but messing with chemical mixtures is a bigger risk.

So it's not a question of do or don't, it's a question of taking that risk and informing clients that you are using a brand mixture so that you are covered if something happens.

I suggest sticking to brands as a total in services, but it's up to you.

Good luck :)

You should really try working with additives mixtures with the CND L&P to customize colors. You can literally create anything. And it works with any of the acrylics or gels from CND :)

Ezflow glitter and colored acrylic powders are designed to work with any monomer.
Reason being is that they offer no strength. You use a thin layer of the colour/glitter and then you cap with your clear, which gives the nail the strength and structure.

Latest posts

Back