Little bit lost, client wants lighter hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacyb123

Reaction score
Hi all I have a client who is a strawberry blonde really light around a 10 she has really coarse hair, she wanted it lighter so I've tried tint, highlift tint and she keeps insisting its not light enough so last time I did bleach with 3% and she's still saying she wants it lighter and I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do all I can think to suggest is a full colour but she isn't keen on that idea because of the roots?!
Any help will be gratefully recieved!
:)

Hi all I have a client who is a strawberry blonde really light around a 10 she has really coarse hair, she wanted it lighter so I've tried tint, highlift tint and she keeps insisting its not light enough so last time I did bleach with 3% and she's still saying she wants it lighter and I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do all I can think to suggest is a full colour but she isn't keen on that idea because of the roots?!
Any help will be gratefully recieved!
:)

Full head Fine weave bleach highlights. She will get roots though, your going to have to educate her that every colour gets roots and there is nothing you can do to stop it. If she's a 10 anyway then a high lift will do it. Xoxo

Do bleach higlights but mix with half 3% and half 6% to giv it that little extra lift, This is how we got taught at college.

Do bleach higlights but mix with half 3% and half 6% to giv it that little extra lift, This is how we got taught at college.

I never got taught this but I still do this. Lol I wasn't sure it it was good to do so. Now I do ;))))

I don't think ur suppose to mix peroxides :s sure wella told me this. You could do one weave with 3% and one with 6% tho

I'd alternate some bleach highlights with a high lift tint with a calibrated ash (can't think what this is in Wella my brain is saying 12.89..)
The problem with course hair is that the HLs get lost in the bulk so you will need to put more in also auburn hair has such a strong red reflect that any blonde will take on the red tone next to it as it will reflect off the hls (I'd that makes sense)
Just explain that you need to put more in this time for these reasons xx

I agree with CHarvey.
Once u have put the foils in you could also 'flood' the rest of the hair with color touch sunlights /18. Sunlights lift natural hair up to 2 shades, so this may help make it look lighter for her too and with it designed to look natural it would lessen the look of the regrowth. I've never use these on natural red heads though so dunno how well it will work with the
It will deffinately help cool it down though

Well my tutor was good like this she always taught us little things like this not sure if yr ment to but she did nd i do aswell nd it works soo all good :)

Well my tutor was good like this she always taught us little things like this not sure if yr ment to but she did nd i do aswell nd it works soo all good :)

If I remember correctly mixing to peroxides together doesn't weaken it it makes it stronger. Two positives together doubles it doesn't water down.. So mixing 3% ands 6% actually makes a 9% rather then a 4% if you get what I mean..
I could be wrong but that's what I was told on my advanced Loreal colouring course and it makes sense

Yes I'm right lol..I'm sure of it! If you want to weaken peroxide you add water to it not a weaker strength peroxide. 3 + 6 = 9%

Yeh we got told that of college add half and half of peroxides say even half 6% nd half 9% it just gives it that extra little push that it needs if that makes sense, Not to weaken it or anything, Just what they said would give it a little umph that the colour may need.

I've never heard about mixing peroxides together to weaken them. So would never do it. U get the same lift with each peroxide and bleach just takes longer with the lower peroxides.
If u Want it a bit stronger thAn 6 but not as strong ad 9. Just dilute 9 down with a bit of water to make an 8 or a 7??

Yeh we got told that of college add half and half of peroxides say even half 6% nd half 9% it just gives it that extra little push that it needs if that makes sense, Not to weaken it or anything, Just what they said would give it a little umph that the colour may need.

So why not just use 6% rather then not following manufacturers instructions?
In my opinion it's lazy hairdressing to cover poor/incorrect colour selection or to give it a push so it cuts down on development time.
If your 3% isn't getting there it's because you need to use 6%..simples. You lose all control of development time of you add a splash of this and a dash of that..
There is no way your college should teach this

I've never heard about mixing peroxides together to weaken them. So would never do it. U get the same lift with each peroxide and bleach just takes longer with the lower peroxides.
If u Want it a bit stronger thAn 6 but not as strong ad 9. Just dilute 9 down with a bit of water to make an 8 or a 7??

Exactly because a 50:50 mix of 3% and 6% would make 9 surly??

Yes I'm right lol..I'm sure of it! If you want to weaken peroxide you add water to it not a weaker strength peroxide. 3 + 6 = 9%

This is so crazy. Lol. Need to ask this to my teacher

This is so crazy. Lol. Need to ask this to my teacher

It's common sense. Put three grapes in a bowl, add six grapes..how many do you have? This is what I was taught anyway..

Exactly because a 50:50 mix of 3% and 6% would make 9 surly??

I'm not sure. Would it not just make a strength between 9 an 6?? I would just never do this.
The reason I'm thinkin it would make a middle. It's like if I wanted a 7/0 and mixed 6/0 and 8/0 to make a 7.
That's the only thing that confuses me.
If they want something with an extra kick in it ten go an buy some 18% lol

It's common sense. Put three grapes in a bowl, add six grapes..how many do you have? This is what I was taught anyway..

Makes sense u saying it like that!

I'm not sure. Would it not just make a strength between 9 an 6?? I would just never do this.
The reason I'm thinkin it would make a middle. It's like if I wanted a 7/0 and mixed 6/0 and 8/0 to make a 7.
That's the only thing that confuses me.
If they want something with an extra kick in it ten go an buy some 18% lol

You have a positive and your adding a positive so it doesn't dilute it down it multiplies the hydrogen and oxygen molecules.. If you had 6 vol and you added ten mil of water you would create a 4/5 vol, because you are diluting the colour molecules..a level chemistry brain on lol

A level biology for me.
We just need a level physics and we have the sciences all covered :-D

Latest posts

Back