Little bit lost, client wants lighter hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue could answer this one lol

A level biology for me.
We just need a level physics and we have the sciences all covered :-D

I got A in biology and chemistry ands C in physics but this is more Maths. Or you can't make a negative by adding two positives lol

Yehh this was just sumfing they taught us it was from one tutor so dunno if its proper like with what yous are saying just sumik SHE DID and said WOULD WORK haha its crazy the fings that get said that dnt make sense,

I'd stick to manufacturers instructions and ignore Wat ur tutor said on this one tasha

Yes might be a good idea because i always fort like if it needed more lift use a stronger peroxide.

Yehh this was just sumfing they taught us it was from one tutor so dunno if its proper like with what yous are saying just sumik SHE DID and said WOULD WORK haha its crazy the fings that get said that dnt make sense,

Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying here :( I must be getting old

So in that case 6 and 9 make 18%! I'm sure the lower weakens the higher not increase the higher strength, I was told this was a more stable way to dilute if you need to because water kills all the stabilizers. but lesson lernt, don't run out! Keep lots in stock!

Yes might be a good idea because i always fort like if it needed more lift use a stronger peroxide.

Can we spell properly, out foreign members will be able to read, understand easier rather than text speak

Basicallyy just that it was one tutor from college that taught is this so not sure like if its something they all did but it was something that she did and she made us do this at college, but its crazy the things people tell you and get you to do that dont make sense.

If I remember correctly mixing to peroxides together doesn't weaken it it makes it stronger. Two positives together doubles it doesn't water down.. So mixing 3% ands 6% actually makes a 9% rather then a 4% if you get what I mean..
I could be wrong but that's what I was told on my advanced Loreal colouring course and it makes sense
Mixing 3% and 6% wont make 9%.
What you will get is something weaker than a 6%. The result is the same as mixing a bit of water with the 6% to make it a 4%or5% its just more expensive for you. Also mixing vols can result in a patchy colour because they open the cuticle at different rates.

So in that case 6 and 9 make 18%! I'm sure the lower weakens the higher not increase the higher strength, I was told this was a more stable way to dilute if you need to because water kills all the stabilizers. but lesson lernt, don't run out! Keep lots in stock!

This is what Iv thought

But agree dont mix

Depends on the proportions. If you had 6 H22O molecules and you added 9 H22O molecules then you would have 12 H22o molecules

But if you had six and you added just a dash of 3 (so 1.5) you would have 7.5..

Depends on the proportions. If you had 6 H22O molecules and you added 9 H22O molecules then you would have 12 H22o molecules

Bit as I said I'm easily confused..
Just stick to what your colour house advises you then there is no confusion lol

H202 you mean?

But no it doesn't increase

H202 you mean?

But no it doesn't increase

That's the one lol

Why doesn't it increase?

I can't find it on google but just what I was told, that mixing two strengths of peroxcide together doesn't dilute it increases the amount of H2O2 molecules (fat thumbs is my excuse on that one)

FOUND SOMETHING!! But can't post the link Grrr

Basically if you want to weaken peroxcide then you must use a neutral product such as shampoo(?) or water. This is because every H2O2 molecule has to be counted! Proving my theory
HOWEVER if you have a bottle of 20 and a bottle of 50 you can create a 20 by adding a small amount of the 50 to the 20.. Eg 20ml of 20 and 7.5ml of 50.

FOUND SOMETHING!! But can't post the link Grrr

Basically if you want to weaken peroxcide then you must use a neutral product such as shampoo(?) or water. This is because every H2O2 molecule has to be counted! Proving my theory
HOWEVER if you have a bottle of 20 and a bottle of 50 you can create a 20 by adding a small amount of the 50 to the 20.. Eg 20ml of 20 and 7.5ml of 50.

I found that post too when I googled it.

Thanks so much for your help think ill try flooding inbetween and explain again that what ever colour she has she'll have roots some people baffle me! :) x

Mixing 6% in equal parts with 3% gives you 4.5%. It does not give you 9%.

I think some of you must be tired. Lol.

I just hope future readers of this thread get this far to realise that. There's already enough students moving out of colleges knowing not much at all without us confusing them as well. ;)

Mixing 6% in equal parts with 3% gives you 4.5%. It does not give you 9%.

I think some of you must be tired. Lol.

I just hope future readers of this thread get this far to realise that. There's already enough students moving out of colleges knowing not much at all without us confusing them as well. ;)

I ran it past my science teacher friend and I now hang my head in shame lol
Although she also said that you should never mix two peroxides together where there is oxygen as you could create a mini bomb lol

Latest posts

Back