Live xxl can someone explain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So no more matrix? Xoxo

Only one client I use matrix on now.... Even backwash will be changing soon, completely had enough of getting buggar all from them, not to mention my sales have gone through the roof since I swapped, because tigi have 40% of the market.... Then it drops to wella which has 7%

No wonder no one had heard of matrix!! X

Ok live xxl may be the worst but what I'm sure there are other home dyes that are nearly as bad!! We should name and shame! Not had chance to look up ingredients yet as been working hard and off out tonight!!! X

It's making peoples hair like cardboard for long enough! X

I usually get these cardboard haired clients in saying that they used it to "save money" and then have to have colour correction for one reason or another! Great logic there. Really looking forward to what the research turns up, just gives me another reason to not use box colour!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

i'm not a geek (although i do have a chemistry degree so above mostly makes sent to me!) but i used to use XXL. doesn't last very long in my hair though. maybe 3-4 weeks and then it fades to blonde. I'm am so not a blonde person so i just put up with boring hair now.

can you tell us whats what then please :) i hate this stuff, but i know so many people think the colour is great :smack:

I would love to of stayed in education, became important in this world, and got rid of all home colours! They are terrible. I cringe when I'm in boots for essentials and see girls around the home kits like 'let's try this and that'. I was in wilkinsons a few days ago, there was a Oldish lady, asking the shop assistants if they think this 'blonde' will work. Picking up a John Freda colour. She was a darkish brown, the assistant replied 'yes of course'
Once the sales assistant was out of ear shot I told the woman it wouldn't work, as colour does not lighten colour, and for her to go blonde I would suggest a professional. She asked if I could recommend any, I gave her my number, also received a call off her today. I felt like a right idiot just stepping in and saying 'NOOO' but I am glad I did now x

But won't that girl feel and look so much better than going a wushu washy colour after using the box?

It really gets me that box colours also name the colours the same as we do so the user gets confused, such as, dark blonde to us and in out charts are a light to medium brown to clients. I'm sick of the home colour clients who get a "medium brown" because it says that on the box then says its too dark, I know I should be glad of the extra wok but why don't they name the colour from the general publics views like I do when pointing out what I think they will like (I say things like this light brown would look great for you when referring to a base 7, which says blonde below it on my chart) xoxo

But won't that girl feel and look so much better than going a wushu washy colour after using the box?

It really gets me that box colours also name the colours the same as we do so the user gets confused, such as, dark blonde to us and in out charts are a light to medium brown to clients. I'm sick of the home colour clients who get a "medium brown" because it says that on the box then says its too dark, I know I should be glad of the extra wok but why don't they name the colour from the general publics views like I do when pointing out what I think they will like (I say things like this light brown would look great for you when referring to a base 7, which says blonde below it on my chart) xoxo

Completely agree.
I hope I'm not the only one but out in public I always notice people's hair, you can always tell a lady with a box day to a lady with a professional colour, so many ladies fall for what you've explained, and end up with hair tones that do nothing for their skin tones. Especially around my area, so many washed out people with black hair and so many nicely tanned people with ash blonde hair. Not good x

can you tell us whats what then please :) i hate this stuff, but i know so many people think the colour is great :smack:
lol if you tell me how to get hair long enough to sit on, I'll see what i can do.:)
(Been growing it for 20 years and think its reached its natural length)

lol if you tell me how to get hair long enough to sit on, I'll see what i can do.:)
(Been growing it for 20 years and think its reached its natural length)

Extensions? Lol.

Now time for your answers :) I'm intrigued to find out what these xxls contain x

Extensions? Lol.

Now time for your answers :) I'm intrigued to find out what these xxls contain x
Point me in the direction of 4 foot long extensions!
ok- i'm not good with tags so not sure how this will some out!

Part 1
Developer:
Aqua,-Water
Hydrogen Peroxde,-Bleach
Cetearyl Alcohol,-It is used as an emulsion stabilizer, opacifying agent, and foam boosting surfactant, as well as an aqueous and nonaqueous viscosity-increasing agent. I would guess that this is here
to stop it being too liquid and just running off the hair

Peg-40 Castor Oil, polyethylene glycol derivative of Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil- Used as Surfactant - Cleansing Agent; Surfactant - Solubilizing Agent. Posh washing up liquid! gets solids to go into soloution
Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, sodium salt of a mixture of cetyl and stearyl sulfate which is used as a surfactant and cleansing agent.Surfactant - Cleansing Agent; FOAMING. Think SLS (sodium lauryl sulphate)
Disodium Pyrophosphate, stabilizes hydrogen peroxide solutions against reduction
Disodium EDTA, chelating agent, used to sequester and decrease the reactivity of metal ions that may be present in a product.
Sodium Benzoate, preservative
Phosphoric Acid.- pH adjuster

So far so not soooo bad, at least 3 of those are licensed for even food use

Color Creme:
Aqua- water
Cetyl Alcohol,- Used to can make hair feel smooth and soft
Ammonium Hydroxide- used in cosmetics to adjust a product's pH level
Oleth-7-Surfactant with excellent acid, alkali, and heat stability. Emulsifier used for soluble oils
Glyceryl Stearate,
Glycerol monostearate, commonly known as GMS, is an organic molecule used as an emulsifier. .
Decyl Olete-emollient that adds body .
1-Hydroxyethyl 4, 5-Diamino Pyrazole Sulfate- colour? part 1 of actual dye compound
Potassium Oletate- prevents the ingredients from separating into separate chemicals
1-Hydroxyethyl 4,5-Diamind Pyrazole Sulate,- Haven't a clue what this is! reads like a typo. could be some propertary ingredient? suspect it's a 3rd oxidative dye.
Potassium Castorate-soap
Ammonium . Polyacrylate- Used as a dispersant for all inorganic pigments
Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer-mprove dye dispersion, gloss and luster, viscosity control, and hold and crunch characteristics
Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate,Naturally derived from Safflower oil, mimic natural phospholipids, deposit essential fatty acids on skin, long lasting skin conditioning, repair damaged skin and hair
cleaning and foam enhancement properties Non-greasy emollient.
Tetrasodium Edta,-Chelating agent.mopping up reactive metals.
Decyl Glucoside- mild non-ionic surfactant used in cosmetic formularies including baby shampoo and in products for individuals with a sensitive skin.
Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate- 2,5-Diaminotoluene is a substitute for PPD. In these applications, these diamines function as a primary intermediate, which means that it is first oxidized with hydrogen peroxide and then combined with a coupler to form the hair dye
4-Amino-M-Cresol,-2nd dye stuff. oxidised by the peroxide into a dye
Sodium Sulfite- Viscosity Increasing Agent - Aqueous; BULKING; VISCOSITY CONTROLLING
Polyquaternium-2.-neutralize the negative charges of most shampoos and hair proteins and help hair lie flat. Their positive charges also ionically bond them to hair and skin.
Ascorbic Acid- AKA vitamin C.Ascorbic acid is acidic, which when added to products with a high alkaline level, brings the pH balance to a level so that the hair gel does not cause the hair strands to become overly dry and split or break. could be anti-microbial as well
Silica,-Prevents premature reaction and caking of powderd colorants
Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool.- All fragrance

hope some of that helps! will do part 3 as soon as I can

no one has posted since i did? anyone want the last part? or did i make it too chemically? not sure what level!

Please please post part 3! :D im lovin this lol x

Very chemically, but it is good xoxo

Please keep posting! I'm not hot on chemistry but it seems a lot of the ingredients are in there to counteract the effects of other ingredients if that makes sense!? Xxx

Please keep posting! I'm not hot on chemistry but it seems a lot of the ingredients are in there to counteract the effects of other ingredients if that makes sense!? Xxx

That's what I thought, but I'm guessing it's to counteract a side effect of said chemical so it's desired effect can still take place xoxo

Oh yes and the home dye "why has my light brown hair turned out black" issue why not if they are going to make home dyes just call them all names like say "caramel" or blueberry" this would mean more to their target market than "lightest natural brown-ooops it's now black". It's the same company's who are making our numbering systems, so they know how complicated they are as we need training etc, surely it would be better to leave the numbers/letters for box dyes out?? I don't know but if any people are reading this (non hairdressers) and thinking all very well but I can't afford a salon don't worry ring your local college and ask for a price list! I bet it won't be much more than a box dye and you'll get the watchful eye of an experienced hairdressing tutor watching over! And a pamper! And a nice haircut to go with your colour at fraction of the cost! Xxxxx

ends!

:) wasn't sure if i was just filling your board with gibberish or not. I'll try and do part 3 and a summary soon

Conditioner: Aqua,- Water
Cetearyl Alcohol,- As before probably here to make hair feel smooth and soft
Quaternium-87, conditioning agent
Propylene Glycol, Effective humectant & wetting agent preventing water loss in products, emollient & lubricant properties, excellent solubilizer of other ingredients (e.g. parabens), increases spreading of creams.
Sodium Pca, Humectant
Polyquyaternium-37, neutralize the negative charges of most shampoos, relaxers, hair proteins etc. helping the hair to lay flat. It is particularly useful to use cationic polymers on hair exposed to high alkalinity relaxers to decrease damage to hair. They attach to the hair and provide conditioning benefits such as ease of combing, hair alignment, elasticity and shine. Polyquaternium 37 also helps to reduce flyaways & static.
Isopropyl Myristate, synthetic oil used as an emollient, thickening agent, or lubricant in beauty products
Panathenol.Panthenol enhances the appearance and feel of hair, by increasing hair body, suppleness, or sheen, or by improving the texture of hair that has been damaged physically or by chemical treatment.
Propylene Glycol Dicapprylate/Dicaprate, skin conditioning agent that utilizes its fatty acid components to maintain and improve lubrication
Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosuleate, Very mild conditioner
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, helps correct the negative charge from shampooing.It gives slip to hair without causing excessive build up because it is water soluble unlike oils or silicone. It helps to smooth the cuticle and prevent static build up
Prunus Armeniaca, Apricot. probably apricot kernel oil.Apricot oil can be used on the scalp to improve its condition
Ceteareth-20, Universal emulsifier to make o/w emulsions, compatible with all kinds of oils & active ingredients,
Glyceryl Stearate, emlusifier
Ppg-1 Trideceth-6, emlusifier
Citric Acid, pH balancer
Parfu8m,
Phenoxyethanol, presevative
Sodium Methyl Paraben, preservative
Cl 15985,Sunset Yellow
Cl 16035, Allura Red

I'll try and do a non chemists summary in the next few days but any questions please ask, I AM NOT A COSMETIC CHEMIST and I'm no longer even a chemist! The closest I have come is a year working in the perfume industry where we formulated very simple products for tests. That disclaimer in place I'll do my best to explain any of it.
For those of you still reading from the beginning of this threat 'm still hunting for long hair extensions by the way!

Conditioner: Aqua,- Water
Cetearyl Alcohol,- As before probably here to make hair feel smooth and soft
Quaternium-87, conditioning agent
Propylene Glycol, Effective humectant & wetting agent preventing water loss in products, emollient & lubricant properties, excellent solubilizer of other ingredients (e.g. parabens), increases spreading of creams.
Sodium Pca, Humectant
Polyquyaternium-37, neutralize the negative charges of most shampoos, relaxers, hair proteins etc. helping the hair to lay flat. It is particularly useful to use cationic polymers on hair exposed to high alkalinity relaxers to decrease damage to hair. They attach to the hair and provide conditioning benefits such as ease of combing, hair alignment, elasticity and shine. Polyquaternium 37 also helps to reduce flyaways & static.
Isopropyl Myristate, synthetic oil used as an emollient, thickening agent, or lubricant in beauty products
Panathenol.Panthenol enhances the appearance and feel of hair, by increasing hair body, suppleness, or sheen, or by improving the texture of hair that has been damaged physically or by chemical treatment.
Propylene Glycol Dicapprylate/Dicaprate, skin conditioning agent that utilizes its fatty acid components to maintain and improve lubrication
Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosuleate, Very mild conditioner
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, helps correct the negative charge from shampooing.It gives slip to hair without causing excessive build up because it is water soluble unlike oils or silicone. It helps to smooth the cuticle and prevent static build up
Prunus Armeniaca, Apricot. probably apricot kernel oil.Apricot oil can be used on the scalp to improve its condition
Ceteareth-20, Universal emulsifier to make o/w emulsions, compatible with all kinds of oils & active ingredients,
Glyceryl Stearate, emlusifier
Ppg-1 Trideceth-6, emlusifier
Citric Acid, pH balancer
Parfu8m,
Phenoxyethanol, presevative
Sodium Methyl Paraben, preservative
Cl 15985,Sunset Yellow
Cl 16035, Allura Red

I'll try and do a non chemists summary in the next few days but any questions please ask, I AM NOT A COSMETIC CHEMIST and I'm no longer even a chemist! The closest I have come is a year working in the perfume industry where we formulated very simple products for tests. That disclaimer in place I'll do my best to explain any of it.
For those of you still reading from the beginning of this threat 'm still hunting for long hair extensions by the way!

Lol bless you, are there no extensionists In your area? X

Latest posts

Back