Local business discounts, should I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiCshairstudio

Reaction score
Morning all,

Not sure if this should be placed under hair or biz, but I'm a hair salon, so chose hair, I have had a quick search but didn't find anything that answered me so thought I would ask you all directly... help :)

Do any of you offer local business employee discounts within your salon? If so what did you find works best? I'm trying to drum up more local awareness for my salon and how better than with all the local businesses, however on calling them to get a contact e-mail or number to discuss further I'm finding myself stumbling over my own words ... this is not a phone issue as I worked on the phones for 6 years so got over any phone issues I had years ago lol. I think its because I don't really know what I want to say as my mind is swirling with everything all at the same time.

Ideally I don't want to offer any discount as I feel with my loyalty scheme and little bits and bobs I am beginning to sell myself short, and don't want to become the local salon that always has deals on, as I will never get out of that spiral I don't believe :(

Has anyone else considered, have ideas, or already tried and tested a few ways to get your point across without waffling on too much about why your calling?

all help is appreciated, thank you

Send out letters. Addressed to the business owners. Put the discount offer out there and have them contact you if they are interested. I do a deal with my local art school, all who present proof of either employment or of being a student get a discount. It is the edgy hairstyles that drum up new business.

You should call local businesses and either ask for the owner / MD or in larger companies you should ask for the HR manager. Tell them that you would like to drop in some flyers or ask could you put up a sheet /ad on their notice board.

If you need to, you could give them a special offer but even just letting them know you are there and the services you offer would help.

What might work really well is offering blow dries at their lunchtimes or after work or on Fridays. These times would fit in with their job and make it special to them.

I hope this helps?

Thank you both x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back