london college of beauty therapy! any good reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laurahealy

Reaction score
hi guys.
have read a few threads on here about lcbt, most of them not very good at all!
i have my open day this friday
just wondering if there's anyone out there who had a good experience there?
and if anyone could tell me what's in the beauty therapy level 2 kit??
thanks in advance
x

in the level 2 kit i got:
an assortment of facial products (small size)
massage cream (face and body)
hand and foot cream
make up kit (rubbish quality-like you buy for kids)
manicure and pedicure tools
eyelash tinting kit
small mirror
fob watch
ear phones & memory stick
awful clear bag which is the only one you're allowed to use in college
headband

and i think thats about it... i cant really remember to be honest. But all of the products are LCBT branded and are absolutely awful and even when i was training, i never used their products outside of college!

on a whole, the college is alright, it depends HUGELY on what tutor you're given, but most people end up having 3/4 during there time there (i had 3 and was only there 4 months) even though they supposedly pride themselves on having 1 tutor per group for your whole course.

I did get through my qualification quickly and it was very good experience in their salon as its central london and good results are expected, but i didnt find it a great environment to be in. As i said all of the tutors will tell you different things so it can be quite annoying, but if you want to get qualified quickly, and have studied in a place that people like the name of; then go there!

hth x

I qualified from here in 2008 and I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. I done a year's part time course so every Monday night and every Saturday all day.
It was good from a learning point of view and we did actually have our tutor the whole year round and she wasn't bad either.
However, the products they give you are terrible, their facial products actually bought people up in rashes!
The premises as a whole are ok, toilets are pretty skanky and some equiptment wasn't the best but then I have no other college to compare it to, lucky that where they are you get a lot of clients booked in so do actually get to do practical etc and not just bring in your own.
It has good and bad, from a learning point of view I think it is well worth attending, just a few things about it could have been so much better!
Also we had a lot of really young girls on our course that didn't want to learn and maybe just coz I was older (28) that was a bit frustrating.
x

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COLLEGE
i would not recommend to any of the girl to study here, bullying, unsatisfactory behaviour of the teachers. all they do is to work on theory not much practical which is important.
treatments giving to the clients are specially pedicure is not good at all.LCBT is the WORSE college and salon ever, the product they are using in deep cleansing facial is rubbish, they will gv u rash on your face, the receptionist and teacher AMINA is so rude. DO NOT GO THERE.

hi guys.
have read a few threads on here about lcbt, most of them not very good at all!
i have my open day this friday
just wondering if there's anyone out there who had a good experience there?
and if anyone could tell me what's in the beauty therapy level 2 kit??
thanks in advance
x

Im a bit of a sceptic, I have seen girls come through the college, and not be 'finnished' to a great standard, I am a perfectionist and quite picky. however I just dont see how You can be trained in these quick courses to the same standard, when I trained I trained full time for 2 Years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back