Long lasting top coats!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zammo

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently using super shiny and speedy or Out the door top coats and usually finish with solor speed spray all by Creative. However, I find this works fantasic on toes but finger nails just seem to chip and not last too well. Any suggestions or new products? Help!!

I use Airshield by NSI or thermoshield over the top of polish this needs to go under a UV lamp. I read in Professional Nails this month that Designer Nails the uk branch of creative are bringing out something new why not give them a ring, it dries under a 60watt bulb.

I think it does depend on the health of the nails - are you talking natural nails or enhancements.

I always use Super Shiney and Solarspeed spray and a lot of my clients come back 2 weeks later with the same varnish on unless they have wanted a colour change.

It does also depend on how they look after their nails - don't always look to blame the products LOL.

scattyfox said:
I use Airshield by NSI or thermoshield over the top of polish this needs to go under a UV lamp. I read in Professional Nails this month that Designer Nails the uk branch of creative are bringing out something new why not give them a ring, it dries under a 60watt bulb.

Sorry to nit pick but I use Thermoshield and I only dry it under the desk lamp and it stays rocks hard for weeks. Hope that helps.

oooh didnt know you could do that with thermoshield just went by the instructions.

thanks very much

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely give that a try.
scattyfox said:

Hi, Is Theroshield by NSI too?

Kimmi Rocks said:
Sorry to nit pick but I use Thermoshield and I only dry it under the desk lamp and it stays rocks hard for weeks. Hope that helps.

I think you're right. I know polish on my natural nails with both of those products only lasts about 2 days but then I'm not so careful and always have hands in water. I see lots of people iwith colour over acrylic and it seems to last better than on natural nails. It's just I have alot of French manicure clients and I'm worried if it dosen't last that well they'll be off down the road!

naturalnails said:
I think it does depend on the health of the nails - are you talking natural nails or enhancements.

I always use Super Shiney and Solarspeed spray and a lot of my clients come back 2 weeks later with the same varnish on unless they have wanted a colour change.

It does also depend on how they look after their nails - don't always look to blame the products LOL.

Latest posts

Back