Looking for some reassurance with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katfin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just starting to panic that I have made the wrong decision

I am booked in to do the shellac conversion course in July and I have been practicing on friends, however they keep chipping after a few days and I have just thought to myself I'm only practicing when I go on the course it will iron out anything I'm not doing right. However I have just spoken to someone with regards to renting a room to offer beauty and she pretty much shot down Shellac she told me it was rubbish and soon chips. She offers Essie and it's much better is what she said.

Can someone who offers Shellac just let me know that they have happy customers and Shellac does last when applied properly?

I've read comments on here and others seem to have problems with chipping and I've tried to follow advice given and I am awaiting the course.

Thanks in advance x

My clients don't have any problems with CND shellac. Many have their nails done every two weeks without fail and never a chip. Other clients have it done every four weeks and the only problem they have is that it's grown out quite a lot.

Follow all the correct CND protocols and give your clients good aftercare instructions and you won't have a problem.

Hope you enjoy the course.

Thank you for your response, that's really good I hope after the training I can achieve this!

Hi as a wearer of various brands of long last polish I can say I've had no problems with shellac.

I'm currently wearing 3 week old shellac chip free. I go to a salon that uses the full system.

Previously I've worn gelish because I was dental nursing and my hands were in water and gloves a lot so shellac wasn't strong enough.

But now I'm on reception and not hard on my nails so love shellac again.

Hope this helps xxx

I think once you have done your conversion course you will get better results as you will hopefully pick up hints and tips from your tutor. I was very glad I did the Shellac course as Shellac is applied differently to how I was applying it and I too was disheartened before the course. Only today I had a lady of 72 come in with her 4 week Shellac! She had just one small chip on her index finger! Personally I think its not a good look with the re-growth but she comes in every 4 weeks and she's happy!
So wait till you've done the course - you'll be fine :)

Are you prepping properly? Thin layers? Capping the free edge?

Thanks for your replies that's what I hoped to hear, after to talking to that lady today I just felt really down. At least I know it's achievable and once I've done the course and got the knack of it it will work! X

Once I did the conversion course, I didn't have any issues! The majority of my clients use shellac without any issue at all and I won't ever stop using it! X

Thanks Lee-Ann. I'm really looking forward to the conversion course only about two weeks to go x

Thanks Lee-Ann. I'm really looking forward to the conversion course only about two weeks to go x

You may also find that ladies who've had a freebie while you're practising don't look after their nails half as well as those clients who've paid you!!

Umm yeah I wondered that! I'm advertising for paying models this weekend so maybe there will be a difference!

Try dehydrating the nails, sometimes people with naturally oily nails experience lifting and chipping. It also is down to what they do on a day to day basis sometimes that can play a part in the polish not lasting as long.

Latest posts

Back