Looking to get into the skincare business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle.Louise

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am currently a Registered Nurse, however I have a real interest in and passion for skin care. I would love to train in, and ultimately open up my own skin clinic.

I began attending a skin clinic local to myself around a year ago and have undergone various treatments such as microdermbrasion, microneedling, dermaplaning etc. This piqued my interest in skincare and I am forever doing my research on all things skin related! I have decided it is an area that I would love to get into however I have no idea where to start! I'm aware that there is an awful lot involved, such as initial training, experience, along with the business side of things should I ultimately decide to go down this avenue.

I am looking for some advice if any of you would be so kind as to help me out! Where would you advise I begin, training wise? What are the basic treatments that I would need to offer? What should I be aware of? As I say, I have been doing my research however there is so much information out there! Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

If I were you, I would contact a training provider about training in facials, if this is all you want to do. As a nurse there may be a straightforward route for you, but I’m afraid I don’t know. You may be able to do facial training then electrical facial training if that’s something you’d like to add.

There may be things you don’t have to cover as you’re a nurse but a training provider should be able to help. Do ask around though and perhaps try a respected insurance company like babtac to see what their requirements are.

Good luck

Vic x

Latest posts

Back