Looks like a crack in my acrylic, but it isn't?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitten

Reaction score
Hi geeks, hope you can help me (yet again!) - I'm doing my VTCT Nail Extensions course at the moment, and trying to get to grips with applying the acrylic in three zones, but I seem to sometimes get a line, that looks like a crack (sort of) in the acrylic, and I am fairly certain it's the line between my zone 2 & zone 3. Why is this happening? :mad: Am I leaving a tiny gap between the beads, not patting it in properly? I'm confused, please help! xxx

You need to make sure you make the edge of the bead in zone 2 melt into the natural nail almost as much as you do with Zone 3 - then you won't see the line it will disappear nicely under zone 3 bead :D

Does that make sense???

HTH
Trin
xx

Yep, that makes sense, I think maybe I'm leaving mine a bit like a ledge rather than tapering it down (basically cos the tutor didn't tell us to do it!) hence it's causing the line thingy to appear. I'll give it another go tomorrow - I noticed it last week when we were doing rebalances, and in the end I soaked the flipping thing off! Yet again you've solved the mystery brilliantly. Thanks hun xxx

Hi Bea, I had this problem also until I started using the push pull method and it has helped sort it out for me. Also check the angle that you are using your brush.

David

How long after you have applied the enhancement is the 'crack' appearing, are you sure that your client hasn't bashed her nail and it is a crack which may be coming from the inside out and not cracked the surface...if you see what I mean, as this can happen especially with a head on bang, commonly caused by pushing sofa cushions in or cleaning the car?

Latest posts

Back