L'Oréal Platinium Ammonia free - 20 or 30 vol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olee818

Reaction score
Hi!

I live in Hungary, and here isn't a forum like this, so I hope here I'll get the answer to my questions.
I have a client, who wants ashy blonde with highlights. She has a base 5.
Her hair is fine, and dry. I dyed her hair last week with (Majirel 8+8.1+8.2 + 20 vol oxidant) It was quite nice, but not so ashy...
So she wants some highlights (wrapped highlights), and I would like to use the Ammonia free Platinium with Sweet Meches.
Unfortunately, I have never used Platinium before.
So my questions is which of the Platinium developer (20 or 30 vol) should I use?
I think 20 vol is not enough to get a clean, not brassy color, but isn't 30 vol too strong to fine hair? ( Can it really lift up to 7 levels?)

Thank you very much!
Have a nice day!

Oliver

Thank you for your help! :)

Thank you for your help! :)

Hiya, Id do a test piece first if i were you and platinium tends to dry up quickly too so bear that in mind.
I prefer loreal infinie platine x

Using a lower peroxide gives a better lift and cleaner result, even If you've previously coloured it.

It wasn't ashy because it wasn't a true result, this is because you tried to get 3 levels of lift with 20 vol which only gives 2 levels of lift.

Definitely use 20 vol with platinum. Remember you can leave it upto 50 minutes.

Latest posts

Back