L'Oréal - yellow mixertone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristalinx

Reaction score
I was at the colour trophy regionals last night and one of the other salons had a blonde model with bright vivid yellow on the ends of her hair. It looked amazing but none of us could figure out what they had used. Yellow mixertone isn't available anymore or at least our salons have been told it's not. Has anyone else got any ideas what they might have used?

Directions do a bright yellow

It has to be L'Oréal colour.

Could they have used the new hair chalks?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

or a toner with a bit of /33 in?

Depends if it's only inoa allowed or if any l'Oreal owned brand is allowed. Redken is l'Oreal, and used to have a yellow mixtone. Only just been discontinued. We still have yellow in shades eq though.

Depends if it's only inoa allowed or if any l'Oreal owned brand is allowed. Redken is l'Oreal, and used to have a yellow mixtone. Only just been discontinued. We still have yellow in shades eq though.

it has to be L'oreal branded x

I bought a yellow maji mix tho other day from a random wholesalers so theres still a few around collecting dust lol.

You can get a yellow colour on prelightened hair by toning it with a diluted vibrant copper like the copper mixtone. But it is a warmer yellow, i guess more yellow-orange, where as the yellow mixtone is more of a neon yellow.

This is the yellow mix tone was it like this?
Cgl6iUjm.jpg

It wasn't chalk, I'm beginning to think they've held onto an old yellow mixertone and used that. It looked really lovely and we all thought it was going to win. It was almost like a neon yellow.

Latest posts

Back