L'Oreal course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I'm off to London Academy for Balayage, freehand and ombre on Tuesday. Just wondered if anyone else was?

Do you mind me asking how much is the course at Hammersmith? On capitals website they are advertising a few different loreal colour courses and the loreal Balayage course is there for about £100 but there is 10% off in Jan and Feb. I had planned to do one at Hammersmith this year but saw this yesterday and thought it sounded good as it will be in my local store so easier for me and prob cheaper too! (Although I really wanted to do the Jack Howard one but haven't found out dates or prices yet, it's prob a lot lot more!)

I'm booking for Manchester in Feb, can you let me know how it is & if it's worth the money? X

Do you mind me asking how much is the course at Hammersmith? On capitals website they are advertising a few different loreal colour courses and the loreal Balayage course is there for about £100 but there is 10% off in Jan and Feb. I had planned to do one at Hammersmith this year but saw this yesterday and thought it sounded good as it will be in my local store so easier for me and prob cheaper too! (Although I really wanted to do the Jack Howard one but haven't found out dates or prices yet, it's prob a lot lot more!)

Jack Howard is about £265 and the Hammersmith was £169 or £195. I can't remember.

You get a real life client rather than a mannequin at L'Oreal I believe, I could be wrong.

I did that course last year. Well worth the money and yes got to work on a live model (mannequin heads in am then client in afternoon session). Am also doing the Jack Howard one in March. Enjoy it's a great day!

I did that course last year. Well worth the money and yes got to work on a live model (mannequin heads in am then client in afternoon session). Am also doing the Jack Howard one in March. Enjoy it's a great day!
@James294323, it says to take brushes, plastic tail combs, plastic clips and ceramic straighteners. Would you recommend taking anything else?

What about lunch? Is there anywhere close by I could buy it from? Thanks.

No, you dont need anything else, just that lot. Make sure you have a bag big enough to take the doll home if you want it - or a plastic carry bag. After the AM session on the mannequin they let us keep them if we wanted so choose a good one with long hair. I had the joy of carrying dolly home on the tube in rush hour without a bag, great look!

Lunch - loads of places close by, pret, neros etc usual high street places. I usually pick something up in the morning on the way in and eat in the coffee area at lunch. Chances are it will be cold and wet and you might not want to head out in that weather or rush about. Either way lots of places :)

Fab!
Well, that's good to know! I'll take a bigger overnight bag to hide her in!

Is there big lockers, or would I be better to ask the hotel to keep my stuff? I'm staying at at Novotel, 4mins away!

Fab!

Is there big lockers, or would I be better to ask the hotel to keep my stuff? I'm staying at at Novotel, 4mins away!

No, no lockers just a place where you can hang coat/dump a bag at the reception upstairs. I have left stuff there and been fine!

Fab!

How was your course @Grace_Hair ? Did you enjoy it?

How was your course @Grace_Hair ? Did you enjoy it?
@James294323 I really enjoyed it! Learnt several new things. Just to practice now!

Was a little disappointed we talk much about freehand, mostly balayage. But I suppose that depends on what the class as a whole want.

We didn't get a model or a block each unfortunately. But the chap I shared a block with was nice and we basically split her down the middle and didn't get in each other's way. I brought her home, and she's called Cynthia.
The girl who I worked on a model with was a bit 'meh' I kept asking if she wanted to do a piece. But I think I did several more than her. And asked her opinions (because the model was both of our work) and she was like whatever you think. I got the feeling she was told to be there and didn't really want to be.

First time going there was daunting. But I'd definitely be up for going again. (To do something different.)

I'm looking forward to trying to do a full head of foils without foil!!

Hi been following this thread, would love to go on a few courses for balayage , been looking at courses only good ones I've found are either the wella courses or loreal. I'm trained in affinage but they don't seem to do a lot of courses. Would wella or loreal accept me when not trained in their colours? Xx

I should imagine so?
You're paying them so why wouldn't they?!

Hi been following this thread, would love to go on a few courses for balayage , been looking at courses only good ones I've found are either the wella courses or loreal. I'm trained in affinage but they don't seem to do a lot of courses. Would wella or loreal accept me when not trained in their colours? Xx
Of course you can go on a Wella or L'Oreal course! On my course there was a girl who had been sent by an Aveda salon. Its the technique you are learning with freehand rather than the products.

Ah brill thanks so much that's great to know. Will have a look at wella and loreal courses and get some booked :) xx

Latest posts

Back