L'oreal Majirel on damaged hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katejane

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and relatively new to Hairdressing (in training). I've been asked by a friend to help her get her hair a nice copper red (Majirel 7.44 we're hoping). She had been bleaching her hair a white blonde for years and as a result it's quite damaged. She tried getting it the copper colour she wanted using a L'oreal Feria colour (Paprika power) after bleaching her roots. The colour took well to the roots but not so much to the rest of her hair because of the damage.

I told her to try using the Revlon Nutri Color Creme in 740 and that has evened out the colour but it's not as deep as she would like. We took a look at the Majirel colour chart and decided that 7.44 was the colour to go with, my question is - because her hair is quite damaged, should I try mixing the colour with with 10vol instead of 20vol, as not to risk further damage? I'm also a bit apprehensive about balancing her roots and the damaged hair.

Don't ever recommend box colours is lesson one, and with it damaged keep away from all peroxide and go for a crazy colours tint xoxo

I didn't recommend the box colour, I just recommended the Color Creme - it's like a coloured conditioner.

She just wants it to look more natural, she said she wants it something like Christina Hendricks. I think the crazy colours might be too bright.

Then try a quasi to the colour you want. Xoxo

Dia richesse 7.43 with 9 vol developer...if she does get fade top up with the revlon nutri creme in between (im guessing this is the colour balls?) maybe use majirel 7.44 on root regrowth but dont pull through to ends x

Hi guys I'm going to bump this as I have a very similar problem at the mo, it's quite a long one tho !
Client first came to me, she had done a full head bleach herself so pretty brassy orangey colour , and wants to be blonde so I have been gradually doing bleach highlights 5vol at back 10 vol at front, as I'm wary of condition,( her hair is fine and curly as well so not the strongest hair.)
Anyways after two sets she's decided she doesn't want this any more and wants a auburny blonde colour and picked out 8.34 in majirel.
Soo my initial thought pre pig then apply tint,
I'm just bit worried about condition I got her to buy redken extreme range and she has osmo moisture treatment. But bit scared to do 20vol on her hair? And I don't think dia colour/richest will be rich enough to cover,
I've just ordered affinage prepping to try that as there is no hydrogen peroxide in it. Her natural base is 6/7. And I want to do at least a 7.34 really as its going to fade so much.
Elastisy test are really mixed some are ok and some are snappy, ?
Just a bit stumped on what to do?.
Sorry for the long post, and to jump in one someone elses, hope some one can help! :)

Well as your darkening you can use 10 vol and if you still dont feel the condition can withstand then dont do it untill you feel its ready. For what reason do you not want to use richesse? X

Ah sorry just reread you dont think it will be rich enough....why dont you do a strand test with richesse i think youd be suprised? The new range is great x

I haven't used the new ones yet, do they do a 7.34 which would you recommend richesse or dialght? Thank you for your reply , :)

Id go for richesse first time and possible top up with dialight after that. Iv not got a colour chart to hand but its either 7.43 or 7.34 but not both x

Latest posts

Back