L'Oreal platifiz on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liane26

Reaction score
hi guys ive got a client who wants bleach regrowth on a base 5/6 ive always bin told to never use bleach on scalp but on the pot its says u can how many levels of lift will i get with 20 vol peroxide what is the strongest peroxide i can use on the scalp with this? I'm gunna use a toner but she wants it ashy so need the bleach to lift it quite a bit b4 i put toner on if someone can help me that would be great!

thankyou

I have platifizz - 30vol on scalp as i never had a clean result with 20vol

I never use more than 20 volume with any bleach x

I use this product as a colour technician but I am struggling to make out what you are asking due to text speak. Sorry

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was taught also not to use bleach on scalp, but I've found some gentle ones and never use above volume 20.

If colorists don't use on scalp bleach for monthly blondes who want an all over blonde look, what do you use? Not all of them like a foiled root look.

Sorry, didn't mean to take over your thread.

Is that the only bleach you have? Maybe find one that gives a cleaner lift with volume 20.

I was taught also not to use bleach on scalp, but I've found some gentle ones and never use above volume 20.

If colorists don't use on scalp bleach for monthly blondes who want an all over blonde look, what do you use? Not all of them like a foiled root look.

Sorry, didn't mean to take over your thread.

Is that the only bleach you have? Maybe find one that gives a cleaner lift with volume 20.

Why were you taught not to use bleach on scalp?

i was taught not to use bleach on the scalp as it burnt it always got taught to use a high lift tint but it doesn't lift many levels unless ure quite a light base, basically i wanna no whether u can use 30 vol on the scalp with platifiz without it burnin as that's wot im worried about.

I have platifizz - 30vol on scalp as i never had a clean result with 20vol

what base are you naturally and what measurements do you use as it says 1 scoop per 100 ml on tub, im worried that the lift wont lift much with 20 vol so wanna use 30vol but worried bout burns

I use this product as a colour technician but I am struggling to make out what you are asking due to text speak. Sorry

hi ya in askin if you can use 30vol with this on scalp as in worried bout burning or if 20vol is the max you can use and how many levels of lift you get if i use 20vol on a base 5 or 6 natural hair

i was taught not to use bleach on the scalp as it burnt it always got taught to use a high lift tint but it doesn't lift many levels unless ure quite a light base, basically i wanna no whether u can use 30 vol on the scalp with platifiz without it burnin as that's wot im worried about.

Doesnt burn at all. Ive been having bleach on my scalp for 10 years. Im only a base 7 but i use 30vol as i never got a nice lift with 20vol when we tried. Thats my hair personally tho

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394178874.843658.jpg

hi ya in askin if you can use 30vol with this on scalp as in worried bout burning or if 20vol is the max you can use and how many levels of lift you get if i use 20vol on a base 5 or 6 natural hair

I have never and would never use bleach and 30vol on the scalp. 20 vol max, just reapply if it starts looking dry and develop for longer.
I always use loreal platinium blue on the scalp and it can be on for nearly an hour

I have never and would never use bleach and 30vol on the scalp. 20 vol max, just reapply if it starts looking dry and develop for longer.
I always use loreal platinium blue on the scalp and it can be on for nearly an hour

I also use platinium and find that mixing 1 part paste + 2 parts 20 vol lifts much stronger than 3 parts 20 vol.

I got a coarse asian level 3 up to a 10 pearl ash blonde with this mixture earlier in the week so I am definatly converted to 20 vol only, and you are right keeping it wet. One of my fav colourist's phrases is: "If it's wet it's working, if it's dry, re-apply."

when i reapply do i have to rinse the old bleach off and reapply or just reapply on top of the bleach that's already on the head?

when i reapply do i have to rinse the old bleach off and reapply or just reapply on top of the bleach that's already on the head?

Just reapply to dried out bits, dont rinse it off as you will aggravate the scalp and may cause reapplication to sting

that's a lovely shade what are your measurements when you mix do u leave it quite thick when mixing or do you follow guidlines on tub?

Just so its a nice consistency and doesnt dry on hair. X

hey just to let u all no i had my client in today and used l'oreal platifiz with 20vol on scalp for 45mins and then put dialight 9.01 frosty milkshake on as a toner it lifted well and came out an ashy colour after toner thanks everyone who commented for the advice and her scalp didn't burn she actually said her scalp didn't hurt at all whereas her other hairdresser leaves her scalp feelin really sore after so thanks again!:)

I dont understand why you keep saying 'burns' the scalp. If bleach is used correctly there is no reason for it to burn the scalp.

Who taught you that bleach burns the scalp,?

Latest posts

Back