L'Oreal Ultrablond recalled

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay7672

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Does anyone know why Loreal Ultrablonde high lift tint has been recalled? We have been told to throw away any open tubes and developer and to return the rest.

Probably had some serious reactions. Inoa has been a nightmare for l'oreal the first batch was horrendous I know i had it my salon and it was horrendous tok ages to mix and a nightmare to wash out. Since they reformulated and sent us all free kits. The ultrablonde was 3 years in development but something must be seriously wrong for them to recall it like that. All the non ammonia colours are rubbish in my opinion.

Probably had some serious reactions. Inoa has been a nightmare for l'oreal the first batch was horrendous I know i had it my salon and it was horrendous tok ages to mix and a nightmare to wash out. Since they reformulated and sent us all free kits. The ultrablonde was 3 years in development but something must be seriously wrong for them to recall it like that. All the non ammonia colours are rubbish in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. There is a reason why they put ammonia in. It's. because it works.

Hi Kay, It's a shame but it will be re-released.
I think that it's just because it is such a new technology, maybe it needs some adjustments. But I am surprised because in the salon we had really good results with it, getting a much cleaner blonde results and the hair felt great.
How did you find it Kay?

Adamlea can I just ask what other hi-lift tints u have used. Cause im surprised people are raving about the Inoa ones cause the old majiblond with ammonia where horrendous nowhere near as much lift as any other make?

It was a nightmare to get the peroxide out the bottle!! Lol x

I've had fantastic results from the Inoa ultrablond range but the comfort level on the scalp has been poor. Whenever did it get recalled?

We have had great results with the inoa Ultrablond but agree that the peroxide is a nightmare to get out of the bottle! We were told by our rep this week not to use it and loreal called yesterday to say they are coming to collect any unopened tubes and developer but didn't say why.

Anymore news on this?

The chromatics high lift blondes were about to be launched, and got pulled. (Chromatics is linked to inoa, redkens owned by l'Oreal).
Wondered why.

The chromatics high lift blondes were about to be launched, and got pulled. (Chromatics is linked to inoa, redkens owned by l'Oreal).
Wondered why.

So not the ub's then?

The normal Redken high lifts are fine, just the launch of the new ones was pulled.

It says the loreal new hi lifts in the op, not redken x

It says the loreal new hi lifts in the op, not redken x

Same company, plus chromatics is the same formulation type as inoa, just different branding on the tube.

All loreal will tell us Is that Ultrablond is 'not performing to our standard' could mean anything really!!

I did a girl at works and she had a little breakage. Also noticed that the foils get hot

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's interesting to know. Anyone else had any problems with it?

That's interesting to know. Anyone else had any problems with it?

Im not going to lie though was getting amazing results :( back to the koleston as hate maji blonde

I did a girl at works and she had a little breakage. Also noticed that the foils get hot

If your foils are getting hot this usually means that there is some type of catalyst in the hair. The catalyst increases that rate at which the peroxide decomposes, and if the colour isn't rinsed straight off it can cause breakage in the worst case.

The catalyst can be from ingredients in styling products or if the hair is porous washing it regularly in water that contains a lot of minerals such as iron or copper, will cause them to build up on the hair.

Of course the most famous catalysts in hairdressing are metallic salts such as lead acetate, but I doubt this was the problem in your case! ;)

If your foils are getting hot this usually means that there is some type of catalyst in the hair. The catalyst increases that rate at which the peroxide decomposes, and if the colour isn't rinsed straight off it can cause breakage in the worst case.

The catalyst can be from ingredients in styling products or if the hair is porous washing it regularly in water that contains a lot of minerals such as iron or copper, will cause them to build up on the hair.

Of course the most famous catalysts in hairdressing are metallic salts such as lead acetate, but I doubt this was the problem in your case! ;)

With all due respect, honey, I am a colour tech with several advanced master courses under my belt.
I noticed on every client I looked after they were warm including my stylist colleagues (who confirmed it wasnt m6 tiny little mind)
so Im 99% certain it was down to the colour. What with the same clients not having hot foils when I used Koleston on their hair for the last ten years and all that jazz.:what::what:

Latest posts

Back