L'Oreal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thompson24

Reaction score
Hi guys

I used to use the Loreal colours in the salon and had every colour. Im now going mobile and wondered if anyone can help.

Its obviously inpractical to take every colour with me and wondered if there is anywhere/or if anyone has a list of what colours in loreal can be mixed with another to form another colour, therfore reducing the amouts of colours i need to take with me? hoep this makes sense

you will obviously need bases and golds , hi-lifts , . Otherwise id go with the colours that are in fashion like rich browns . I think they can all be mixed , but unsure about intense shades . I use koleston so im not much use! i Think j-me-2k uses loreal

Hello I use loreal. On the colour chart it has the information of what is mixed with what (majarel) to make more intense coppers and reds. I am mobile and make sure I do a realy thourough consultation first over the phone so I know what to take. I always keep in bases and golds (.3)as said above as these are all to mix with ether warm or cool shades if covering bleach when doing hi or low lights. I also keep di dia colour toners 9.13 9.02 and 9.0 handy if someone wants bleached blondes and needs a nice creamy blonde tone. My favourite warm browns are 4.35 and 5.35. Hope this helps a bit xx

Hiya

Yeah I must agree with the above, I don't have every colour in.....I have built up a few different colours over time (as you do)...but I tend to buy as and when.

I think it's always a good idea to have some maji-blonde ash high lifts in (901S / 902S etc) and some standard 9.1 and 10.1 shades...then your covered for any ginger / warmth that needs toning there and then!

and try to keep one of each base (1-10) for mixing desired shades etc

But definitely buy a colour chart....its a god send...then u can get clients to pick the colour and then you can just buy in what you need.

I must admit... I am trained in L'Oreal and have always used this... but am starting to use Wella more and more.... their high lifts are best if you ask me......their 12.1 is brilliant....

x

hello, while we are on the subject I use loreal and I love it. How ever to train further with them I will have to travel a realy long way!! To train with wella its only an hour from my house. Is there a lot of difference between brands. I love loreal toners. Can anyone offer some further advice xoxox:hug:

Latest posts

Back