Lose or Gain...Why??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which are you trying to do??

• Lose Weight

Votes: 398 77.3%
  • Gain Weight

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • I'm fine

Votes: 102 19.8%

• Total voters
I voted lose weight because I really need to! Actually, physically speaking I'm not too much overweight (got about 2 stone to lose), it's more the fact that over about 18 months I've put on the 2 stone and now all my clothes are either tight or don't do up at all!!

Was back on the Slimming World wagon, but can't maintain it..... I'm going to dig out my Paul McKenna book/cd and try and re-program my head instead!

Well I am trying to lose about 1 and a half stone , which I gained after having the Depo injection.....never again. I have already lost 1/2 stone since just before xmas, and didn't put it back on over the hols which I was pleased about.

I am dieting the hard way.....just dont put food in your mouth!! LOL
Sounds harsh...i eat one meal a day in the evening, usually steak and salad and just drink water, and I am losing about 1lb a day.

I have tried other diets and tried having breakfast, lunch and tea and eat healthily but I would put on weight.....this is the only diet where I can actually lose weight AND keep it off!!!

Davinia said:
I was on the depo too and I put on weight

my doctor told me off for blaming the depo! it's the food u put in ur mouth thats makes u gain weight not the injection, it does increase ur appeitite but it's ur descion whether u eat or not, if u ignore ur hunger pangs u eventually train ur body/stomach to a certain eating routine

Yeah the depo made me so hungry, that the hunger woke me up and I had to make myself something to eat during the night...no wonder I put on 2 stone!!

Davinia said:
I was on the depo too and I put on weight and boobs are now 36E-F and growing and its so annoying cos I want them to go away! or back down to a D. so I'm off the depo and eating better and I've lost a little I want to get down to a ten with a size D boobs, its been done before and I can do it again.

Its a shame cos when I eat it just goes straight on the boobs if I could I'd give them to mum.

If there are spare boobs going i'll have them defo!!

holliejayne said:
plus, if I lost weight I wouldnt have my boobs and I couldnt live without them! xx
Here, Here!! I know exactly what you mean...I can't live without my girls either!!

louisenewell said:
But i just wanted to point out that just because someone is slim doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when you keep getting called skinny.
I know, it's sad some people don't know how to shut their big dumb mouths!! I was saying in the other thread that I have a friend that is small and everyone thinks something is wrong with her or always trying to feed her...She told me one time a total stranger walked up to her and said "OOOH, I hate you, you're so skinny." The nerve!!

wondernail said:
I am dieting the hard way.....just dont put food in your mouth!! LOL
Sounds harsh...i eat one meal a day in the evening, usually steak and salad and just drink water, and I am losing about 1lb a day.
Be careful with that...It's very easy to shut down your metabolism. That's my problem I eat maybe once or twice a day, and when I was seeing my nutritionist she had me on a plan where I had to eat ALL this food and I wondered "how on God's green earth can I eat this much food...and how can I lose weight eating this much food?" but it was working...I've since (as I said) fallen back into the same thing again, not on purpose, most times I just don't have an appetite...WEIRD!

Check out the fat girls and feeders thread http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/25896-fat-girls-feeders.html, because there was a lot of things discussed on there similar to this thread...I just thought that a poll would be interesting, and I'm glad that I did this, now we know that we need to support each other either in gaining or losing, I imagine wanting to gain can be just as important to one as wanting to lose. Everyone has their cross to bear, so to speak.

Keep those votes coming and let's encourage one another!! I would love to get down to an even 200 lbs, I think that would be excellent considering where I come from...I still GOT to keep some curves!!!

Ms.Matrix said:
Well it's no secret I used to weigh 403 lbs...I WAS MISERABLE!!! I just found out today that have lost more weight, last month I was 344 lbs, today I am 337!!! How excited am I??? :biggrin:

After the "Fat Girls and Feeders" thread I decided to do a little poll. I know a lot of us struggle with out weight, either trying to gain or lose...What are you trying to do, how are you doing it and how much are you trying to gain or lose?

As some of you may know I need to lose weight 5 1/2 stone. I have yoyo dieted for years. When I was on the depo jab I didn't put any weight and at that time was only 9 stone - too thin. When I went to the doctors for my annual smear recently she said that I needed to lose weight (as if I didn't know:irked: ) anyway she put me on orlistat (Think thats what it was called) and told me not to eat fatty processed food. It was awful!! 2 months of not daring to go out for fear of not being near to a toilet:eek: So when I went back to the doctors she said the only real way was to diet and exercise:!: So hello gym and bye bye fatty food (and red wine:cry: )- good luck to all the fellow weight loss geeks:green:

I always get confused with stones and pounds...how many pounds equals a stone?? Or visa versa??

Ms.Matrix said:
I always get confused with stones and pounds...how many pounds equals a stone?? Or visa versa??

Me to - errr -I know that I weigh 92 kilos which is 92 x 2.2(pounds) so that is 202.4 pounds then divide by 14 (= 1 stone) which equals approx 14.1/2 stone mmm thoght i weighed more than that perhaps my maths is wrong:eek:

Snugglepuss said:
Me to - errr -I know that I weigh 92 kilos which is 92 x 2.2(pounds) so that is 202.4 pounds then divide by 14 (= 1 stone) which equals approx 14.1/2 stone mmm thoght i weighed more than that perhaps my maths is wrong:eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HUH???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ms.Matrix said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: HUH???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think it goes weight in kilos = 92
To get to the pounds you multiply by 2.2 (2.2 pounds to a kilo) = 202.4
divide by 14 (14 pounds to a stone)= 14.457

Think thats how it work:?: :Love:

Good luck to everyone! It's an ongoing challange!!

i got weighed today for the first time in months and months and was almost stone lighter than i thought i would be :biggrin: yayyyyy
i was chuffed

emmsybabes! said:
i got weighed today for the first time in months and months and was almost stone lighter than i thought i would be :biggrin: yayyyyy
i was chuffed

CONGRATS TO YOU!! Keep up the good work!! We're all going to be lighter geeks if we keep this up!!!

LilDee said:
I voted I'm fine coz i'm quite alright with the way I look 112 lb. and 5'2" haha yeah i am short.. the only problem is my boobs they are the first thing you see when i come out from behind a wall and bras are nearly impossible to find! (28G):confused: but it's the way i'm built and i'm still learning to live with backproblems from bad fitting bra's etc.

The thing I an trying to change is my nutrition though and my exercize.. when i go to the gym i end up spending most of the time in the hottub and the pool haha... gotta change some bad habits!

I had a friend that was like you re the boobs and she had a breast reduction on the NHS as it was actually starting to cause sever back problems.

I'm fine too, but need to sort out my waist and belly!!!!

Waist what's that???
HELP, I need reminding!!

I voted 'Im fine' although so many people have commented Ive put lots of weight on since beng in Turkey:irked:

The only time I start to worry is if I change dress sizes, otherwise its very rare I take note of putting a few pounds on and off.

As long as I feel good, I dont take notice of what other peoples opinions about my weight are:|

louisenewell said:
I was always a size 8 and used to get accussed of having an eating disorder....by those who had never been to lunch with me i have to add.I also eat and eat and i love my food.The comments actually really really bother me.You wouldn't dare walk up to some who is over weight and say "god aren't you fat???!!!" but i put up with years of "god aren't you skinny!!" which really hurt.

But i just wanted to point out that just because someone is slim doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when you keep getting called skinny.I have harded up to it now and i just turn and say "well...haven't you piled the pounds on".Doesn't help that i only look about 18 and i'm actually going on 27!

I'm happy with my weight ,always have been .Its everyone else that has any issue with my weight and for that matter when am i going to see a magazine doing a "how to put weight on" diet?

I know exactly how you feel, I was unwell for 2 years, and during this time my weight dropped to 5 1/2 stone!! The hardest thing was always hearing... God you soooo skinny, I was aware for it and didn't need reminding. I would never dream of saying to someone.... wow your soooo fat!!! Thankfully I'm getting better now and my weight has gone up to 6 1/2 stone but now all I get is.... ah your putting on the weight!!!! HELLO I'm beginning to feel obese.

Louise I hope your stay healthy as IBS is a horrible illness, and if the doctors want to investigate it futher, at least you'll be in safe hands.

Mhairi xx

tentips said:
I'm fine too, but need to sort out my waist and belly!!!!

Waist what's that???
HELP, I need reminding!!

We must be related!! My weight is fine but just can't get rid of that middle bit!!

I'd like to gain weight, before I had my daughter I was really curvy and had lovely 34C boobs... now I look quite ill with it and people are forever commenting I need to eat more, which REALLY annoys me as people seriously think I must be dieting! I have never watched what I eat or worried about calories or anything.

I drink Complan which is great anyway for vitamins but it looks like the only weight I am gaining is my ever increasing baby bump!!

Some people are big, some people are small.. but we're all people and it's the indi*iduality that makes us who we are!!

All my friends are different shapes and sizes and I have one friend who is a sexy size 16 and she has a stunning hourglass figure!!!! She looks fabulous in all clothes yet she is unhappy with her figure!?

I would be delighted with a bum and a bit more meat on my thighs as I just don't really feel like I can talk about a 'figure' at all!!!

Latest posts

Back