Lose or Gain...Why??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which are you trying to do??

• Lose Weight

Votes: 398 77.3%
  • Gain Weight

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • I'm fine

Votes: 102 19.8%

• Total voters
I need to loose about 3 stone, that would make me 10 stone, but its the same everytime, I loose 1/2 stone, then loose my focus , I eat healthly most of the time but my husband works nights....boredom sets in and I end up snacking all evening, I have no will power at the moment and am so annoyed with myself.arghhhhh!!

I need to loose about 3 stone, that would make me 10 stone, but its the same everytime, I loose 1/2 stone, then loose my focus , I eat healthly most of the time but my husband works nights....boredom sets in and I end up snacking all evening, I have no will power at the moment and am so annoyed with myself.arghhhhh!!
ooooh do I know what you are talking about!! That head hunger is terrible!!

Me its 2 stone down, 6 to go!!!!
come on Gastric Band... do your job QUICKER!!!! :lol:

I voted 'im fine' id always yo yo'd from size 8 - 12 in the past, ive now been a size 8 for the past 2 years as ive found a healthy diet that suits me and I go to the gym a couple of times a week. I know im at my ideal size now as I can eat junk food at the weekend and don't put on any weight! :green:

Thankfully I've never had a problem with my weight and never felt the need to diet. I am a UK size 8-10, and eat more chocolate than you can shake a stick at. However I do eat a mainly healthy diet, get loads of exercise running around after my 2 toddlers, and love walking.

Well, done to any of you who are loosing weight, especially if you feel better for it. However, I really do feel that many of today's super-skinny 'role-models' are less than impressive, I really do worry about my little girl and what her perseption of attractive will be when she's a little older? I personally don't find the trend for size 00 atractive in the slightest :rolleyes:

I have always been a bit up and down with my weight but after the birth of my second child I went up to 13st 10lbs. 6 months after she was born I started on the Atkins diet to give me a boost as weight loss is quite rapid to start with but the diet is hard work. I lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks and then joined my local weight watchers. I was due to get married in June this year so had something to aim for. When I started to look at wedding dresses I was fitting a size 20. When we finally ordered my dress is was a 16 and my regular clothes size was a 14. I got married weighing 10st 10lbs (3 stone loss in a year) I put a few punds back on on honeymoon that I would like to shift but other than that I am maintaing my weight and remaining a 14.

I was on the depo too and I put on weight and boobs are now 36E-F and growing and its so annoying cos I want them to go away! or back down to a D. so I'm off the depo and eating better and I've lost a little I want to get down to a ten with a size D boobs, its been done before and I can do it again.

Its a shame cos when I eat it just goes straight on the boobs if I could I'd give them to mum.
:eek: bloody hell luv, can i have your problem please!

I´m going to Thailand for three weeks on Feb 12th and my tummy could be a bit flatter than it is, other than that´I´m fine. So i need to loose about 4kg.
I USED to do Pilates but now.... It really works and fast, if you do it, that is...

Well, guys I am still awaiting my surgery and in the mean time I have gained MORE weight!! :rolleyes: :cry: :irked:

i may be in the minority here but i am trying to gain weight

and it is working, i now have more sexy womanly curves

i was always around 8-9 stone and was a dress size 8-10

i went to the doctors last week and i weigh 10 and a half stone and am now a size 10-12

all i need now is breast enlargement and i will be very happy with my body

I lost 4 stone when I was 20:lol: , but I've put 2 of them back on:cry: . I'm back at weight watchers again and so far I've lost half a stone only 18 pounds to go:irked: .

Keep picking my neice up and thinking how much lighter i'll feel when it's all gone as she weights 18lbs at the mo.

I have to say I need to gain weight. I have been sick and no appatite(of and on) for over 18months. At one point I was 7st. I have now put on 8lbs. It has seemed to calm down now and eating well and drinking energy drinks yuk!

Im fine about weight right nom cause its Winter in South Africa! he he but when Summer comes I know im gonna fuss again to look good in a bakini!:rolleyes:

Im fine as i am...

Im 1 m 72 and around 57 kg,,,i think thats 8 stone 6???

Maybe i need to gain some....but im so lucky i can eat whatever i want and have never gained...:eek:

i think im classedas "ectomorph" so im told...in other words a twig...LOL:eek:

I replied gain. It really hurts when people make fun of you because of your size. For me it is all genetics I guess... My mom is 5'2" tipping the scales at 200+ lbs. Thats a lot for her frame. My father was 6'2" weighing in at about 200+ lbs. I got everythng from him....

I replied gain. It really hurts when people make fun of you because of your size. For me it is all genetics I guess... My mom is 5'2" tipping the scales at 200+ lbs. Thats a lot for her frame. My father was 6'2" weighing in at about 200+ lbs. I got everythng from him....
It's absolutely awful either way...people are so insensitive nowdays! :irked:

After losing 4 stone of pregnancy weight I am quite happy with my overall weight but I just need to tone up and get rid of these bingo wings!!

I also went from 8st 13lb and size 10-12 pre pregnancy with twins to wooping great boobs and can now not lose the weight I have tryed all and go between 10st and 10st 5lb on a bad day an now a size 14 I suppose thats not all that bad.

But I feel like a SUMO WRESTLER (lol).

Any way very well done you for you weight loss con grates and may you continue to be motivated by us all here.

Good luck
Tracey

Well I've been trying to lose weight since I started a family and my eldest was eleven last week:rolleyes:

Despite hating how being overweight makes me feel....how hot and uncomfortable I feel in the summer months....having to buy most of my clothes in Evans:mad:...... and not be fit enough to enjoy my children, something STILL hasn't clicked. My mum has said to me, "I can re-train and run my own business and make a success of it, so apply this to my weight loss". Is it that easy?:eek:

My brother (who is 6ft 5 ish) has been trying to gain weight. He hates his body shape, so I can see the frustration from both sides. Still don't know the answer though.

For all of you who have managed to gain or lose, well done. You never know, I may be able to post the same good news in the future.

I also went from 8st 13lb and size 10-12 pre pregnancy with twins to wooping great boobs and can now not lose the weight I have tryed all and go between 10st and 10st 5lb on a bad day an now a size 14 I suppose thats not all that bad.

But I feel like a SUMO WRESTLER (lol).

Any way very well done you for you weight loss con grates and may you continue to be motivated by us all here.

Good luck
Tracey
...but I LOOK like a sumo wrestler!!!! :lol::lol:
Well I've been trying to lose weight since I started a family and my eldest was eleven last week:rolleyes:

Despite hating how being overweight makes me feel....how hot and uncomfortable I feel in the summer months....having to buy most of my clothes in Evans:mad:...... and not be fit enough to enjoy my children, something STILL hasn't clicked. My mum has said to me, "I can re-train and run my own business and make a success of it, so apply this to my weight loss". Is it that easy?:eek:

My brother (who is 6ft 5 ish) has been trying to gain weight. He hates his body shape, so I can see the frustration from both sides. Still don't know the answer though.

For all of you who have managed to gain or lose, well done. You never know, I may be able to post the same good news in the future.
I don't know, this weight thing is a hard one...harder than starting a business, you need a cool head on your shoulders and plenty of support and even then it still isn't easy. :hug: Even those who have had WLS either gastric band or bypass, it's still not easy, you still have to work....

I'm still trying to get my surgery approved guys...so I will keep you updated!

I've been trying (on and off) to lose weight for about 10 years now. I'm useless at it.

I turn 30 this year and I thought that I would find the motivation to lose this weight for my 30th birthday. I haven't. I'm still fat and I'm still miserable. :cry:

Latest posts

Back