Lost and wanting to get back into beauty industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mia_SN

Reaction score
I have just recently moved back to the UK and just wondering, what is the best thing to do if I want to get back into Beauty Therapy. I had studied in college and gained NVQ level3. After college, spent 5months travelling, after that, my family had to move to Germany. There wasn't much job opportunities available at that location in reference to Beauty Therapy so the first job I had to take on was becoming a Retail Assistant. Its been 4years since I have done any beauty treatments at all. I want to get back into it all since I'm back in UK... should I take on a fast-track course just to re-gain knowledge ? -Is there even such courses for me?

Hi Mia - First of all - welcome to Salon Geek :o)

I guess there a few options you could take:

Try to find a salon willing to take you on and train you up. You have the basic skills of course but lack experience by the sounds of it. You might have to start on a lower salary but could work your way up.

You could go on various refresher training courses on offer. Your local college might do these or specific companies - e.g. CND offer nail training with their products etc etc.

Where abouts are you based in the UK? Is it feasible to update your CV and knock on doors of local salons to try to get a foot in the door?

Good luck whatever you decide.

Debbs xx

I have just recently moved back to the UK and just wondering, what is the best thing to do if I want to get back into Beauty Therapy. I had studied in college and gained NVQ level3. After college, spent 5months travelling, after that, my family had to move to Germany. There wasn't much job opportunities available at that location in reference to Beauty Therapy so the first job I had to take on was becoming a Retail Assistant. Its been 4years since I have done any beauty treatments at all. I want to get back into it all since I'm back in UK... should I take on a fast-track course just to re-gain knowledge ? -Is there even such courses for me?

Hi, there are places that offer refresher training - we offer it at our salon!
You should be able to cover just the things you want to top up as you have your qualification.

Please shout if you would like more info!

Vic x

Hi Mia - First of all - welcome to Salon Geek :o)

I guess there a few options you could take:

Try to find a salon willing to take you on and train you up. You have the basic skills of course but lack experience by the sounds of it. You might have to start on a lower salary but could work your way up.

You could go on various refresher training courses on offer. Your local college might do these or specific companies - e.g. CND offer nail training with their products etc etc.

Where abouts are you based in the UK? Is it feasible to update your CV and knock on doors of local salons to try to get a foot in the door?

Good luck whatever you decide.

Debbs xx

Yes that's exactly it- lack of experience. I'm based in Swindon now, been here just over 3 weeks. I'm sure there's a few salons around that I can go ask to see if they can train me. If not, I know there's a nearby college aswell to see if there a refresher training courses available. Anyways, thank you very much for replying- I feel a lot better about what to do next. xx

Hi, there are places that offer refresher training - we offer it at our salon!
You should be able to cover just the things you want to top up as you have your qualification.

Please shout if you would like more info!

Vic x

Thankyou. Honestly if I lived nearby, I would come to your Salon first thing tomorrow...however, I live in Swindon :( I'm new to this place so still settling in but hopefully I find a Salon like yours that offers refresher training.
Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back