Lots of Questions for mobile therapists hope you can help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adara

Reaction score
I have a salon and im not doing as well asid like at the mo so im thinking of going mobile asi have some clients already.

If you could itwould be great if you could answersome of theeses questions for me please.

Do you take a couch with you if so which is the lightest one to buy and can you get wheels for it.

If you are waxing and you use different waxes for different areas can you use a double adapter in the in car charger so you can heat both waxes or will this blow.

How do you feel walking in to other peoples houses this isone of my worries as im used to having a salon.

Where do you buy your equipment from

Thank you so much im just waying up my options at the mo

Sorry my space bar isnt working properly

i am a mobile therapist and have no probs with it. i use a lightweight portable couch (the lightest one is aout 10kg, anything up to about 18/20kg.) you can get cases with wheels on also to make it easier to cary around.i let peolpe know that the ground floor of their home is most suitable. i use the phd waxing system as it is compact and covers all areas. i dont know about the adapter thing as i always heat mine up before i go out and its still hot when i get there.

your local salon supliers should have everything, although i tend to use ellisons.

i have no probs going to peoples houses, i always wear my uniform and lok professional, and i think its quite a luxury service- they dont have to leave the house! parking can sometimes be a pain (lack of) and obviously the weather, but other than that, you only need a couch and you have everything else so its worth a go!

Check with your insurance that you can be covered as a mobile therapist too- isnt normally a prob. and get an a-z road map -invaluable!

goodluck, pm me if you need any further help.xx:)

You'll also need to check your car insurance. You'll need different cover than if you're working at one set place.

Does your car insurance, or the business insurance cover the equipment when it is in the car? I'm going mobile after qualifying in the summer and it's one of the things I need to know too.
:hug:

I have a salon and im not doing as well asid like at the mo so im thinking of going mobile asi have some clients already.

If you could itwould be great if you could answersome of theeses questions for me please.

Do you take a couch with you if so which is the lightest one to buy and can you get wheels for it.

Mine is 9.5kg & height adjustable from Beauty Express but The Massage Table store do one which is about 7kg !!! (Very Expensive though)

If you are waxing and you use different waxes for different areas can you use a double adapter in the in car charger so you can heat both waxes or will this blow.

I use ABC Wax Heater & heat it up at home then plug it in at clients house, by time ive set up wax is perfect temperature.

How do you feel walking in to other peoples houses this isone of my worries as im used to having a salon.

I hate it !!! Its fine when you get to know them & I think you'd be ok as you already have a client base. I hate going to a new clients house but I don't have to anymore as concentrating on salon :)

Where do you buy your equipment from

Ellisons, Beauty Express, Salons Direct. Best time to buy is at the shows as they often exclude VAT

Thank you so much im just waying up my options at the mo

Sorry my space bar isnt working properly

Do you have a big client base ? If not then you are going to have to do a fair bit of advertising (imo) could you not do a big advertising campaign for your salon instead, maybe you won't have to go mobile then ?

Does your car insurance, or the business insurance cover the equipment when it is in the car? I'm going mobile after qualifying in the summer and it's one of the things I need to know too.
:hug:

I'm not sure, to be honest. Best to check with your insurance companies.

Latest posts

Back