Low confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
I've recently qualified in shellac and now I've started advertising and people are booking in I'm starting to panic that I'm not good enough, I did these on myself tonight and can't say I'm happy with them, even though I've recently taken off acrylics so my nails are odd shapes, i didn't have the heart to file them down too much as I very rarely have any length to my natural nails, Do they look as bad as I think or am I deliberately looking for faults?

Attachments

• 1412287936319.jpg
    1412287936319.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 711
Honestly....... I think they look fabulous :)

Honestly....... I think they look fabulous

Thank you, I wasn't expecting that haha. I don't think they look as neat and as shiny as the photos I see being posted on here :(

The smile line is so neat!

You should be pleased - I'd happily pay for those x

I think you did a fine job!
Perhaps you are not happy with how they look because of the colour. It's a lovely colour -- IN the bottle but it's probably my least favorite for a manicure. I will only use this colour for French.

They look fab 😀 xx

Stop worrying they look great Hun nice n thin app I can see the seal and nice accent fingers too which sets it off. don't go on how your own nails last / don't last we therapists / techs do use removal wraps acetone and cleaning equipment all the time day by day so we aren't good measures of how our own nails last half the time... I don't know about anyone else but I can't use gloves for the removal of my clients shellac due to the gloves disintegrating 😂😂 aww woes of the job. But seriously FAB job !!! X x

They look super!! I'd pay for them and I'd happily tip too ;) don't be too harsh on yourself, we doubt ourselves all too often forgetting that we are trained professionals that have worked hard for our status, keep up the good work x

Hayley :)

They look good :) Ive recently qualified too so was drawn to this thread... I think you have to remember a lot of people on here have been polishing nails for years and we are always harder on ourselves!! I did a set yesterday and my friend was sooo pleased with them, and she used to have gelish all the time (by someone else) now she just comes to me! So I must be ok! haha ;)

Out of interest how have you been advertising, would be interested to hear how your attracting clients as im just in the process of making my menus, got to set up facebook etc?? xx

Thanks ladies, i must try not to be so hard on myself, I'm going to ask a friend if I can do a freebie on her through the week just so I feel slightly more confident. I love this colour so I think it's possibly that reason why I feel they don't look so good as I imagine them differently in my head if that makes sense? X

These look fab and nice and neat well done! X

They look good Hun.

The smile line is so neat!

You should be pleased - I'd happily pay for those x

Lol there is no smile-line, it's not French! but I know what you mean!

I think they look lovely, you're being way too hard on yourself. I was a nervous wreck when I started, but I've got more confident with every set I've done. If you make a mistake, don't worry it's all part of the learning process. I bet your future clients will appreciate that you want their nails to be perfect. 😊

They look good :) Ive recently qualified too so was drawn to this thread... I think you have to remember a lot of people on here have been polishing nails for years and we are always harder on ourselves!! I did a set yesterday and my friend was sooo pleased with them, and she used to have gelish all the time (by someone else) now she just comes to me! So I must be ok! haha ;)

Out of interest how have you been advertising, would be interested to hear how your attracting clients as im just in the process of making my menus, got to set up facebook etc?? xx

To be honest hun I've been very quiet myself lately hence why I did the shellac course to try bring in new customers. I plan on doing a refer a friend offer and printing it out on little leaflets and staple them to my business cards and post some through some doors, Facebook just doesn't seem to be helping at all :(

What glitter have you used looks fab x

Ooooooo might need to invest in that loving lecente glitters at the moment lol

Oh no, a couple of them have lifted at the free edge on my left hand, I made sure I capped them correctly :( I wonder if it's because I tend to put my nails in my mouth (I know I shouldn't it's habit though) help please? :(

Latest posts

Back