Lowlight tones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi I would like to know what everyone’s favourite low lite tones are please and what colour they achieve.. I use wella colour house and over blonde i always use the /73 tones in colour touch but I was wondering what some people use to create very rich warm lowlite tones? I’ve tried the /75 colour touch tones but they don’t go all that warm, more ash! Thankyou

Sometimes 7/73 over blonde without a bit of 7/0 looks a bit “ wig brown “ to me , I think adding some base makes it a more rounded colour . If I wanted it a bit richer I’d add a touch of 7/34 ?

Yeah I always add base I tend to go for 7/0 with 7/73 or 6/0 with a 6/73 or for a deeper depth 5/0 with 5/73. I have tried the /75 tones but don’t really find them all that warm.

Yes too purplish !

I always add base to whatever lowlight colour chosen

I always use 7.73 and my clients love it.. it actually asked my hairdresser to use it on my hair and was really happy with it too. Not tried it with 7.0 but will give it go see if I like that too

Adding base with remove some warmth from the target colour

Not really as lifted hair doesn’t have a base as such . If you add it in with the desired shade you will have a more rounded , natural looking colour . And it doesn’t fade as quickly

7/0 is a flat shade so adding it to 7/73 will remove some of the warmth from the /73

Everything has a base surely like 8 9 10?

Did you mean to quote me?

The base of the target shade eg 7/73 add 7/0 , 6/73 add 6/0 , . When using as a lowlight on lifted hair . Gives better coverage

The cover plus range is fab for low lighting too- more pigments for blonde hair

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510995085.698358.jpg
here are some formula ideas

Latest posts

Back