Lowlights Help needed pls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooBaby

Reaction score
I am coming to the end of my nvq 2 training and still practising my highlights/lowlights. My client has a base shade 4.0 and has previously had 12.0/12.1 and bleach highlights. She now wants lowlights to start complimenting/or blending in with her natural base shade. Which would be the best colour to use on her hair for a subtle look? i use koleston perfect.

Many thanks for your help!
:rolleyes:

hiya hun. does she wanna eventually go back to her natural colour or is it just to help blend in the roots a bit? has the 12/0 highlights built up to an all over blondey colour? I wouldn't use a base 4 as a low light personally, I just think it might start looking kinda stripey or too much of a contrast. I would prob try something in it like a 6/73, then she can get a wee feel for it and see if she wants to go darker still (either by introducing more low lights or by darkening the lowlight colour to a base 5) You will wanna use a warm tone like 6/73 or 6/3 or something similar cos the blondey stuff will prob be a bit ashy and if you put a 6/1 or any other cool colour on it it could go a bit khaki - ish.

:D hths x

yes , 6/73 is a loverly colour to blend in dark hair

totally agree a lovely colour then if she wants darker/lighter next time go for it!
x

ah thanks lovelies... not quite sure just yet, will be seein her on thurs, i think she is wanting to blend the dark roots in, and underneath at the nape up to the wotsit bone (can't spell that oscipi word!) her hair is her natural dark colour, and she doesn't like the contrast between the different coloured blonds on top and the dark underneath and on the roots (if you get my drift).

Thanks so much for your advice! will look at the 6/73 have done lots of highlighting but the hard bit comes when people ask you for lowlights too and I am just getting to grips with them! i suppose it all comes with experience! I will get as much advice as poss as otherwise I won't do it as don't want to mess her hair up!!!
(it is my mother in law - ha ha! )

thanks again.
Z

ooh just one more question...would i have to mix some base colour in it too, or could i just use the 6/73 or the 6/3 on it's own as she hasn't really any grey hair? thanks xxx:lol:

you can just use it on its own. i would mix some base in if she had a lot of grey but if there is none then thats fine. :D xxx

Latest posts

Back