Lowlights in bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1985

Reaction score
I have a client who wants to be super blonde. I've been highlighting her hair for a while now. She is definitely a level 10. (Natural level 8) now she is too blonde!! I want to put a lowlight in her hair but am nervous for it becoming an ugly color. I'm thinking something like a level 7. Maybe some warm colors? I'm really liking this photo. Looks like possible two lowlight colors. I typically use wella color. Any thoughts of colors they like and deposit nicely?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416660945.227827.jpg

How about
8/38 and 7/7?

You would use color touch not a permeant color? I don't think it will be dark enough because I've done lowlights before and they didn't show up using an 8 before.

You've done a level 8 on her before or someone else?

Same person...

I think you've answered you own question then!

Ya I guess I'm just wondering why I see a lot of people talk about color touch verses Koleston and in my mind I always would go permanent. Is there something I don't know ?? Wouldn't you want a lowlight to last?

Yes! Color touch is a demi or a quasi color that is mixed with low volume perxocide (either 4% or 1.9) its the best choice for darkening prelightened hair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Permanent doesn't mean permanent in that way on bleach hair. Like quasi doesn't wash out.

Easiest way to do think about it is permanent is to lift and/or colour 100% white. Anything else use CT.

Permanent doesn't mean permanent in that way on bleach hair. Like quasi doesn't wash out.

Easiest way to do think about it is permanent is to lift and/or colour 100% white. Anything else use CT.

Yes ColourGirly is right. Think back to your training when you were told about molecule sizes and the way they lay on the hair structure. The durability of colour changes depending on the hairs condition.

I would use dialight probably a 8.03 with a bit 7

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I would use dialight probably a 8.03 with a bit 7

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

That would depend on the regrowth area.

Can I ask a question pls, when doing lowlights like this how would you go about making sure the root area doesn't look a different colour from the lowlight? Would you use two different colours in one foil? X

Can I ask a question pls, when doing lowlights like this how would you go about making sure the root area doesn't look a different colour from the lowlight? Would you use two different colours in one foil? X

If the client is like a base 5-6 and I am using a 8 for lowlights I will use a permanent on the roots and a demi color touch on the ends. But if client is like w 7-8 and I'm using a 7-8 for lowlights then I just use the same demi for roots and ends

Depend on what shade, how dark is the natural and how large a regrowth.

I use a tonne of richesse with 9vol and happy to use that for one level lighter if using a combo of foils.

The 'correct' way is to colour match so for instance
Client was naturally a 7 you would use 8.3 and 20vol on the regrowth. Then use the colour match technique with warm water through the ends.

Oh thank you! X

Latest posts

Back