Lowlights in blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanna25

Reaction score
Hi there
Ok
So
Full head blonde (bleach) good cond, every 6 weeks have a darker wella5.75 through whole lot, the first couple of weeks ..
Lovely..
Then fades to Ginger.... Not good.!!
What colour can i use that fades to a better colour, minky would be perfect..???
Help please..
Dont mind a couple of colours very fine to get a multi tonal look..????

The illumina colours are really nice and I find they don't fade not even when using on a very base nor do you need to pre pig! My mum always had just bleach but I decided to add some 7/ in as well as bleach and the overall colour is so lovely and the illumina give a lovely shine too x

Very light base I ment x

Goldwell lowlights.

That is something to be expected by your client here hair is porous from bleach. The undercoat of a level 5 is a red / orange so there will always be warmth. I would make sure her home care is good. Then tell her the more you colour the better the hold. How about using a porosity filler?

I do a few lady's with blonde then 7 with a spatula outcome very good but does tend to fade when ready for next colour

I do a few lady's with blonde then 7 with a spatula outcome very good but does tend to fade when ready for next colour
Slightly off subject but could you advise on your spatula technique please as I have a new client who has half head foils and spatula underneath and I haven't done this before as would normally full head foil , thanks x

Hi spatula is the same technique as foils but you just put hair on spatula apply colour pull of and leave on top of hair, it saves using foil but only if colour not to dark as it will bleed into main hair colour.

Hi spatula is the same technique as foils but you just put hair on spatula apply colour pull of and leave on top of hair, it saves using foil but only if colour not to dark as it will bleed into main hair colour.
Thank you for your reply , her previous hairdresser used 8.0 30 vol on a base 7-8 30 percent grey ?

???? Why use 30vol ????

Probably why faded so much. I would use 3% when going darker. (Or 6% max depending on hair)

My hair is exactly the same . I have given up on having my hair with a root stretch now as I'm sick of it looking ginger after a few washes . My hairdresser said she's going as ash she can without making it green ! Tbh I'd rather green than ginger !

Latest posts

Back