lowlights over dark brown tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon-sal

Reaction score
My client would like lowlights, a red a copper and a blonde, over a dark brown (base 4) tint she has been having. I tried to do it last week and they didn't show at all, would the loreal or wella vibrant reds work over this or do I need to bleach first to strip the colour? If so please could you advise the best way to do this? Really not sure of the best way to colour over this permanent colour. Thank you....

My client would like lowlights, a red a copper and a blonde, over a dark brown (base 4) tint she has been having. I tried to do it last week and they didn't show at all, would the loreal or wella vibrant reds work over this or do I need to bleach first to strip the colour? If so please could you advise the best way to do this? Really not sure of the best way to colour over this permanent colour. Thank you....

3.8 dark brown chocolate red by profession will do it and really shows up.

marjirouge will give you a vibrant red without bleaching 1st, you could also use a tint with a tiny bit of bleach to give it a kick

really i did not know that maji rouge liffts colour out??? ive always bleached it up to a orange then added the red xx

I have tried majirouge red over tinted hair level 3 and it didn't do anything at all, but have heard it can lift tinted hair so maybe I was just unlucky :(

i use it with a high developer 1st application which lifts really well. when they come back for next appointment i use it with a low developer to just add colour not lift.

it's the majicontrast red that lifts tinted hair!

ohh you could also get the majicontrast copper.. if the copper didn't show either!

soz thats what i ment, i was hungover and my head was up my *%$e hehe

i did not think anythink would lift out a base 4 apart from bleach :?:

Mix a bit of bleach with tint? .. Interesting... Work good?

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Latest posts

Back