Loyalty schemes, what to offer and when?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
Basically what the title says. What do you offer for return customers? How much do you offer and when? I've only started in my new home and had a discount offer running which now only some people seem interested in having so I am wanting to encourage repeat custom. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Hiya, my clients get a stamp for each treatment they have (cheapest treatment is £22). When they have 10 stamps they get £10 off a treatment or £10 off retail. It's very popular.

Hiya, my clients get a stamp for each treatment they have (cheapest treatment is £22). When they have 10 stamps they get £10 off a treatment or £10 off retail. It's very popular.

That sounds good. My prices are relatively cheap just now due to being so new. I was thinking after 5 20% off a treatment or sone thing. Just wanted to see what everyone offered :)

Where to start.

When they come for their very first treatment they fill in a consultation form. As a thank you, they get £10 voucher to use for their next visit.

For their birthday they get £5 off any treatment taken that month.

If they download our app, every time they spend over £20 they can "zap that app". After 6 zaps they have £10 off their treatments.

Recommend a friend and you and the friend get 20% off.

We do one treatment on special offer every month, or do an add on.

None can be used in conjunction with any others.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

My loyalty scheme is if they spend over £10 they get a stamp once they collect all 6 stamps they get £10 off their next appointment.

Where to start.

When they come for their very first treatment they fill in a consultation form. As a thank you, they get £10 voucher to use for their next visit.

If they download our app, every time they spend over £20 they can "zap that app". After 6 zaps they have £10 off their treatments.

Vic x

Loving the first consultation voucher idea. Do you mind if I pinch it?

I do a birthday card with a voucher in, the few customers I have done it for love it. Xx

Happy for you to.

They can use it after their first treatment, so they pay for their first one then can use the voucher from the second treatment onwards. It has no expiry.

I think I read on here that it takes three visits for it to become a habit, so the third visit is down to us!

Vic x

Where to start.

Vic x

Wow, you're generous!!

At the moment I've got cards - when they spend over £20 they get a stamp (regardless of how much they spend) and when they get to 5 stamps they get £5 off, and 10 stamps gets them £10 off. I am in the process of deciding whether to change this to a points based system, 5 points for every £1 spent, then they can redeem the points whenever they like. The cards are plastic chip cards so they look a lot more professional, but to be honest my clients don't really seem that fussed about being rewarded for loyalty, I have to remind them to give me their card each time they come! x

I find most of my clients are loyal and aren't remotely interested in loyalty schemes but there are a few for who it's really important. They love the app and enjoy seeing their loyalties fill up.

I think if you're doing something, it has to be worthwhile and you have to weigh this up with the exceptional value of longterm repeat clients.

Vic x

I find most of my clients are loyal and aren't remotely interested in loyalty schemes but there are a few for who it's really important. They love the app and enjoy seeing their loyalties fill up.

I think if you're doing something, it has to be worthwhile and you have to weigh this up with the exceptional value of longterm repeat clients.

Vic x

What is the app? Who do you do something like this?

Alex x

Hi Alex we have a salon app so clients have it on their phone. Tap it, and you can see all our treatments, call, email, text, book online etc and it has a loyalty bit that we zap for them.

It has proved very popular.

We had it made via salon iris who do all our salon software and it was a lot cheaper than another company who approached me. There are details on their website.

Vic x

We are currently making salon apps for people with this loyalty system etc :) more info can be found on our Facebook page or our first clients one can be found on the Google play store (waiting on apple to approve it and then will be on there too).

For every £10 spend my clients get a stamp. Once they get 10 stamps they get a free cut and finish which is £23.

However. What I didn't think about was that some of my clients only have a dry cut. Or only have their hair cut when they have their colour and the price of a cut and finish is all included in the cost of the colour service...

Try out the easiest and most effective online loyalty program, stampUP.com

Latest posts

Back