Lump on shin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyflamingo

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm aware that relying on the Internet to diagnose something is unreliable however I am booked in with my gp and just wanted other opinions ! Basically there is a tiny hard lump ( 1/2 peasize) on the front of my right shin bone , it's not painful to touch , it's under the skin , when I move the skin I find it's not actually on the bone and moves with the skin , there's no redness or surface imperfections , do we think it's possibly a cyst ? I need some reassurance till my appointment on Saturday or I won't sleep !!!

I had one of those :) I was told it was just a fatty deposit.

It's gone now! Don't panic. Apparently I could choose to have it surgically removed but I never bothered.

xxx

I had one of those :) I was told it was just a fatty deposit.

It's gone now! Don't panic. Apparently I could choose to have it surgically removed but I never bothered.

xxx

Ah thankyou been having a slight panic !! I'm a hypochondriac as it is I can't deal with unexplained lumps!!! X

I had one too! My doctor said it was a dermatofibroma i had it removed 3 weeks ago as i kept catching it when shaving and it got really itchy!

I had one too! My doctor said it was a dermatofibroma i had it removed 3 weeks ago as i kept catching it when shaving and it got really itchy!

Hmm well mine isn't on top of the skin it's right under my skin , if u look at the shin u can't actually see anything , and u can only feel the lump when u run your finger over it , plus it's not painful which is worrying me !! X

I had one on the inside of my fore arm.

It was a blocked cyst and my auntie removed it at home.

I had one on the inside of my fore arm.

It was a blocked cyst and my auntie removed it at home.

Ok I'm calming down slightly now , think I majorly misdiagnosed myself , damn google !! Still go to gp on Saturday and hopefully will be one of the above ! Thanks guys ! X

I had one same size & same total freak out! Went to the go who said random lumps do sometimes appear & let's see if it goes by its own accord...& it did! I was very surprised and thought he was a right clown for sending me away!

Don't worry hon xxx

I had one same size & same total freak out! Went to the go who said random lumps do sometimes appear & let's see if it goes by its own accord...& it did! I was very surprised and thought he was a right clown for sending me away!

Don't worry hon xxx

Ha ha this is exactly what I'm hoping will happen to me !!! X

Just thought I'd update u guys , gp said Its just a cyst phew!! Thanks for the positivity!! X

Glad its nothing nasty 

Latest posts

Back