'Luxury' gel manicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyByBecca

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am still fairly new to nails and looking for a bit of advice / opinions from those a bit more experienced. :)

Currently I only offer 1 type of service which is a quick gel polish manicure. That includes filing of nails, cuticle work and gel polish.

I would like to start offering pedicures and more luxury gel manicures, so my questions are;

1. With a luxury gel manicure, do you still include exfoliation? I feel like this is important, but am worried it will effect the gel polish?

2. Will a paraffin wax treatment effect the gel polish? Could it cause lifting?

3. Could heated mittens cause gel polish lifting?

4. In terms of gel polish pedicures - do you still soak feet? (after gel polish has been applied obviously) or could this effect the longevity of the gel polish / cause lifting? I'm just wondering if too much contact with water immediately after the polish application could cause problems.

If anyone could put down a brief list of the steps they use in their more 'luxury' gel manicures that would be great.

Also, I apologise in advance if any of my questions seem stupid to you, I'm still learning. :)

Hi,
As you've correctly said - if you are doing extra techniques with a gel polish manicure, you do the prep & gel application first before anything else.
It's up to you what you want to include in your different levels of nail services.
Create a menu of services at different price levels for clients to choose from.

I haven't had any issues with soaking / hot oil / heated mitts / p. wax etc affecting the longevity of the gel polish.

Hi,
As you've correctly said - if you are doing extra techniques with a gel polish manicure, you do the prep & gel application first before anything else.
It's up to you what you want to include in your different levels of nail services.
Create a menu of services at different price levels for clients to choose from.

I haven't had any issues with soaking / hot oil / heated mitts / p. wax etc affecting the longevity of the gel polish.

That's great :) Thanks for your reply!

I assumed it would be ok, but just wanted to double check really before I started offering it, so thank you for getting back to me. :)

Latest posts

Back