LVL course -v- Combined Lash Lift & MyScara course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
I want to do something with eyelashes and I'm trying to make my mind up between the above. Go for the LVL (a fairly long train journey away and quite pricey with kit as well) or a combined Lash Lift with MyScara course which is quite a lot cheaper and only half hour away from me by car.

I'm spending far too much time faffing about trying to decide - I have looked at a lot of threads on here and a lot are saying MyScara was a waste of time for them or their clients didn't like it. But I'm thinking If I do this local course, I'll have the lash lift qualification which I can then either tint OR do Myscara with ( I already have tinting qualifications).

I've also read on here that LVL is far more than a lash lift!

So my first question. If I do the cheaper, combined local course - will my clients end up with what looks like a LVL treatment if I do the lash lift and tint?

Or, shall I just go for it and do the full on LVL?

After saying that none of my clients have ever heard of LVL!!

What have you done? Or, what in your experience is best?

Going round in circles here so would love any feedback -thanks. x

I can't comment fully as I have never done a lash lift or tint course. I have, however, recently completed the LVL course. I have also read all the threads on here. My personal view is that, whether LVL is or isn't a standard lash lift + tint, you are still paying for top quality training and products, and strong branding and marketing materials that you can use to sell your services. Personally, I think this is worth the money. I know many client's haven't heard of LVL, but neither had any of mine heard of a lash lift. At least the LVL is easier to sell because it is a recognisable 'brand' and you get a lot of good marketing gumf you can hand out to people.

I'm really pleased with the course. I thought the training was second to none, and I now feel fully confident to go and perform the treatment. Just my two penny's worth. The other thing I wasn't clear on is whether, wth a standard lash lift, you can tint at the same time? I have read somewhere that it is only with LVL that you can combine the lift + tint in the same procedure. I could be wrong here, and I am sure more experienced geeks will correct me :)

Good luck with whatever you decide. xx

Hi ya,

I learnt perming quite a few yrs ago when it was part of the NVQ ... this is where other courses then took off as it was no longer part of the Nvq L2 from prob about 4 yrs ago ...,

(Some LVL's may disagree with me here but here it goes... LVL's look away if your easily offended ..., lol )

Lash lift and LVL are the same ...

Both use shields
both use glue to secure lashes
both use perming solution
both use a fixing lotion
You can tint after both
both use a conditioner

... With LVL your buying into a brand ...

(Think what HD Brows did for a brow shape and tint - packaged & marketed the whole thing as the new treatment ... ... Same thing really - just a Pre-marketed system which clients may recognise .... )

(By The way I'm not knocking LVL or HD its a brand same as CND Shellac - its just easily recognised for what treatment it is ... I love anything that the beauty industry as a whole offers us to provide to our clients and students)

There are a few threads on this already If you want to look into what a few more have said on the topic ...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi ya,

I learnt perming quite a few yrs ago when it was part of the NVQ ... this is where other courses then took off as it was no longer part of the Nvq L2 from prob about 4 yrs ago ...,

(Some LVL's may disagree with me here but here it goes... LVL's look away if your easily offended ..., lol )

Lash lift and LVL are the same ...

Both use shields
both use glue to secure lashes
both use perming solution
both use a fixing lotion
You can tint after both
both use a conditioner

... With LVL your buying into a brand ...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

........and top quality products and some of the best training out there..... :) Can't underestimate the value of all that in my opinion.:D

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply ladies and it has clarified things for me. I've book an LVL treatment for myself to see what I think. It is a 50 mile round trip to my nearest therapist! This may be good for me obviously as no one in the vicinity offers it!

Thanks again! xx

Latest posts

Back