MAC MUA make up courses??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy84

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've seen a few people advertising as MAC make up artists and I'm just wondering how they gained this title, are there MAC course in make up or is it just that they only use MAC in their kit?? Or is it that they've worked for MAC??

I'm training in semi permanent make up but would like to offer normal make up as a service too, I know everyone recognises and like the brand MAC so think this may be the right route to take, just wondering how I get there?!

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thank you
Lucy 😊😊😊😊

Hi hun
I work for MAC as a make-up artist, but at the moment thee are no MAC make-up courses run by the company. What they do have are masterclass work shops available to MAC PRO members, so you have to apply for your pro card through website (if you haven't already ;)) Then for a small fee (i think aprox £ 25) you can attend. Theses are held by MAC senior artists and are brilliant for gaining tips and techniques. Personally speaking though when i advertise i do say i am a mac make-up artist, but i have seen others advertise saying they work with mac, which i think implies they are a mac artist when they aren't they just use the products!! I would suggest getting a good range of products in your kit including mac, Chanel, Laura Mercier, Urban Decay, Art Deco etc these are all products i find brides and clients want you to use on them and they expect to be honest! Hope that helps, sorry for the ramble!! XXXX

Thank you for the tips Hun. I agree that a broad range of brands in the kit is best as not all of the MAC products are the best on the market. I do however think that it looks good if you advertise yourself with the brand! I will look into getting a pro card and the seminars, thank you :) xx

Ps. can you recommend a good basic make up course so I can actually say I have a qualification? I've worked for a make up brand and have been doing make overs for years on a non- professional level but I need a short course in order to actually start offering it as a service xx

Take a look at London Muse & AOFM ( Academy of freelance make-up) they are both amazing top rated makeup schools:)

Thanks guys will check both these suggestions out :) :) xx

Latest posts

Back