MAC pro card?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyMills

Reaction score
Helllooooooo fellow geeks!

I hope your having a nice weekend :)

I wonder if you girls can help me...im wanting to apply for a MAC pro card but im unsure if i qualify. A friend of mine has just passed her Noveau lash course and theyve said she is entitled to 25% off mac.

Ive previously worked for estee lauder (but have no qualification as such) although i could ask for a reference etc if need be as proof.

Ive also done a lash and tanning course.

Has anyone had an experience of applying for a MAC pro card. I literally have a facebook page and business cards as well as my certificates... anyone? xx:Grope:

To be honest, it sounds like you may struggle! From what I've read on here lately, it's getting increasingly difficult to get a MP card, unless you are (and can prove you are) a working make up artist. If you are and you have a portfolio on your website, then go for it, it might be enough.

Unfortunately only MAC can decide that though. Good luck! x

To be honest, it sounds like you may struggle! From what I've read on here lately, it's getting increasingly difficult to get a MP card, unless you are (and can prove you are) a working make up artist. If you are and you have a portfolio on your website, then go for it, it might be enough.

Unfortunately only MAC can decide that though. Good luck! x

I agree, I'm a bit puzzled as to how your friend who is a lash tech qualifies for 25% discount as a lot of qualified make up artists are having problems applying for their pro cards? x

There are different % of discount for different professions. I.e. a mua gets 35%.

I agree, I'm a bit puzzled as to how your friend who is a lash tech qualifies for 25% discount as a lot of qualified make up artists are having problems applying for their pro cards? x

If she has proof that she is working as a lash technician then she would qualify for 25%. It all depends on what you have as your evidence. Perhaps she has had her work published, for example.

Have you thought of Bobbie Brown (not sure of spelling?) They have a pro card too.

There are different % of discount for different professions. I.e. a mua gets 35%.

Yes I know this, but it still puzzles me as to how a lash tech, model, etc. qualifies for pro discount when qualified and working mua's can find it hard to get their discount..

Thanks Andrea, I guess they could show published work as evidence x

I tried the link but it doesn't seem to be working and I tried to find out about a pro card from their website but can't find anything! Can anyone help?

I tried the link but it doesn't seem to be working and I tried to find out about a pro card from their website but can't find anything! Can anyone help?

Are you looking at the normal website? You need to go to the pro one.

When u apply it states on the form what evidence they require. Of u can call their cust services 0870 034 2676. :)

I do agree that sometimes it can be difficult for working MUA's to get proof. If you've just started out you might only have your qualification as proof but you need more than that, and that's the time when you're most likely to need the discount! To produce a call sheet or tear sheet upon application is difficult for a lot of people.

I have heard from some MAC employees that they've also tightened the discount for staff, they're not allowed to spend as much as they used to. I think that MAC is fast becoming less of a pro brand and just about the consumer. They release more collections than I can keep up with, the prices keep increasing and now if they're making it harder to even get pro discount they're just pushing us further away.

Illamasqua are still my favourite - FREE pro discount which can be used at all stores and online, FREE workshops, products that are a bit different and aimed towards pros as well as consumer and fantastic, cruelty free brushes which don't shed! (I'm looking at you MAC 224, 109 etc)

I do agree that sometimes it can be difficult for working MUA's to get proof. If you've just started out you might only have your qualification as proof but you need more than that, and that's the time when you're most likely to need the discount! To produce a call sheet or tear sheet upon application is difficult for a lot of people.

I have heard from some MAC employees that they've also tightened the discount for staff, they're not allowed to spend as much as they used to. I think that MAC is fast becoming less of a pro brand and just about the consumer. They release more collections than I can keep up with, the prices keep increasing and now if they're making it harder to even get pro discount they're just pushing us further away.

Illamasqua are still my favourite - FREE pro discount which can be used at all stores and online, FREE workshops, products that are a bit different and aimed towards pros as well as consumer and fantastic, cruelty free brushes which don't shed! (I'm looking at you MAC 224, 109 etc)

I'm totally with you Andrea, I love illamasqua, they are definitely my favourite brand at the minute overall. X

I agree with all of this! Illamasqua are a fantastic brand (also my favourite). Their brushes are fabulous and I love that they're synthetic - I would choose synthetic brushes any day over animal hair! I have really lost my love for MAC recently. Them admitting to animal testing was the final straw for me. I'm just pissed that about 75% of my pro-kit is MAC, I'm trying to phase it out but I can't afford to just bin the stuff I have.

Also have you been in the Illamasqua shop in Soho? It's a magical place :D. I wish I worked there, the staff are completely awesome.

Hii, I first got my mac card when I was just hairdressing (I now do makeup aswell) I got it earlier this year after 20yrs hairdressing I only just found out I could apply for one...I was a bit slow there!!!lol They gave a list of industry professionals who qualify so unless its changed its worth taking a look on the website or give them a ring!xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Just to add, I finally got around to doing my Daniel Sandler pro application yesterday. I posted the form and required documents and here I am, less than a day later, able to use my discount! I would definitely recommend for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

Just to add, I finally got around to doing my Daniel Sandler pro application yesterday. I posted the form and required documents and here I am, less than a day later, able to use my discount! I would definitely recommend for anyone who hasn't done it yet.

That's great to know! x

I was amazed how quick mine came through too, it was literally the day after I posted it! Plus his products are fab, especially the watercolour blushers. (They are made by Kryolan though, so you know they're gonna be good!)

I was amazed how quick mine came through too, it was literally the day after I posted it! Plus his products are fab, especially the watercolour blushers. (They are made by Kryolan though, so you know they're gonna be good!)

have you seen the sale section? Definitely worth stocking up on a some of those things!

I agree with all of this! Illamasqua are a fantastic brand (also my favourite). Their brushes are fabulous and I love that they're synthetic - I would choose synthetic brushes any day over animal hair! I have really lost my love for MAC recently. Them admitting to animal testing was the final straw for me. I'm just pissed that about 75% of my pro-kit is MAC, I'm trying to phase it out but I can't afford to just bin the stuff I have.

Also have you been in the Illamasqua shop in Soho? It's a magical place :D. I wish I worked there, the staff are completely awesome.

Yes I have been to that store a couple of times, it is fab! We're lucky enough to have a store here in liverpool too now.

Latest posts

Back