Machines such as Radio Frequency Hydro facial , ultrasonic cavitation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen&Beau

Reaction score
Has anyone bought these machines off Alibaba or eBay , they look the same as wholesalers but a lot cheaper.

I’ve had a look at the evenskyn from America , had anyone used this ?

Also has anyone used the neo lumipro?

I'm going round in circles with this! I've seen a UK company selling one for £2k that looks exactly the same as one being sold on Alibaba for a third of the price. My partner doesn't want me to buy from a Chinese company but I'm struggling to find an affordable machine to start off with, from within the UK.

I've seen good reports on this from MyCHway, but also heard of someone who received a different model and no instructions!
S Shape Machine 30K Cavitation Vacuum RF Slimming Machine (mychway.shop)

I'd be interested to hear of anyone's success in buying a machine from abroad :)

On the subject of buying from a Chinese company, I appreciate your partner not wanting you to purchase from China. I'm exactly the same. Mainly because in recent years I've seen the general quality and longevity of a lot of equipment, large and small, diminish in most items I've purchased. Even though I've only ever used UK suppliers. Nothing seems as robust as before, although I have been a full time beauty therapist for 40 years now, so I'm jaded and cynical 😂.
In essence, I'm assuming most equipment, (or it's parts) is produced in China these days, even if you purchase from a UK base. I think you may have to dig a bit deeper on the UK companies and the origin of that particular product they stock.
That said, on the plus side, it's generally much more straight forward dealing with a UK based company, regarding warranty or problem solving, even if the item has originated from China.
Happy hunting ☺

Last edited:
On the subject of buying from a Chinese company, I appreciate your partner not wanting you to purchase from China. I'm exactly the same. Mainly because in recent years I've seen the general quality and longevity of a lot of equipment, large and small, diminish in most items I've purchased. Even though I've only ever used UK suppliers. Nothing seems as robust as before, although I have been a full time beauty therapist for 40 years now, so I'm jaded and cynical 😂.
In essence, I'm assuming most equipment, (or it's parts) is produced in China these days, even if you purchase from a UK base. I think you may have to dig a bit deeper on the UK companies and the origin of that particular product they stock.
That said, on the plus side, it's generally much more straight forward dealing with a UK based company, regarding warranty or problem solving, even if the item has originated from China.
Happy hunting ☺
Thank you for your reply, huskybar! On further investigation, my partner found a very interesting article after Googling 'Is Alibaba Legit':
A Guide To Buying From Alibaba (Safely). (linnworks.com) so we're now checking out machines from companies that offer:
  • Gold Supplier
  • Trade Assurance
  • Assessed Supplier
I'm now feeling more positive about this kind of purchase, I'll keep you posted on the outcome :)

I clicked on that link a lot of the reviews were dissapointing , I know what you mean on your post , I myself are looking into buying direct , simply the machine prices are too expensive when your a small salon or just getting going again. What I would do is check
With your Insurance company would insure you and training if you need the training where to train as a lot include training with the machine when you buy the expensive model , plus what after sales care you get with the appliance with the company , do research the companies chat to them make sure you can use in the UK safely , Also postage are there any extras you might pay , don't pay through Western Union , as PayPal is recommended , this is my thoughts I havn't bought from abroad, another thing is ask to chat find out as much as you can about the machine , also does it have any upgrades incase your buying an older version
🙂

I'm going round in circles with this! I've seen a UK company selling one for £2k that looks exactly the same as one being sold on Alibaba for a third of the price. My partner doesn't want me to buy from a Chinese company but I'm struggling to find an affordable machine to start off with, from within the UK.

I've seen good reports on this from MyCHway, but also heard of someone who received a different model and no instructions!

I'd be interested to hear of anyone's success in buying a machine from abroad :)

Appearances can be deceiving because it’s the inner mechanism that could be counterfeit or substandard. Unless it’s a non-Chinese company operating in China and monitoring quality standards I would not take a risk.
I worked for naturalized Chinese couple in several of their laser centers and their Candela machines were chinese copies that could not be serviced by Candela.
Working on a client or patient is your full responsibility so risks are never an option.
If you can afford to purchase a machine look to lease a machine.
BTY most high quality machines are made in Israel. I wish you the best.

Thank you for your reply, huskybar! On further investigation, my partner found a very interesting article after Googling 'Is Alibaba Legit':
A Guide To Buying From Alibaba (Safely). (linnworks.com) so we're now checking out machines from companies that offer:
  • Gold Supplier
  • Trade Assurance
  • Assessed Supplier
I'm now feeling more positive about this kind of purchase, I'll keep you posted on the outcome :)
That's interesting and hopefully should make buying decisions easier. Good luck 🤞

I’m also looking at RF & cavitation machines - I’d be interested in what you decide -
I’m looking at if - buying a mc and doing a separate certificate course is better
(or mc with included course) as I’m although I’m NVQ L3 (in massage route) so didn’t do electrical facials … but I’m aware that some regulations are changing regarding some aesthetics so price wise both works out the same, but I don’t want to find out later the manufactures course isn’t enough.

Ive just seen your post and thought I had to reply. I recently bought a Hydra Facial type machine from a company from UK. It cost £10k!!! I had it for about 18 months and it started to go rusty in places. I contacted trading Standards about it who gave me really good advive but the long story short is that a lot of UK companies are buying in equipment from China and having them branded to suit themselves.Often the materials used ARE inferior, so problems like rust / degredation etc will happen. My advice is to just research where you buy. The company I dealt with ( in the UK) were absolutely terrible and I would not reccommend them to anyone. The customer service was non existant, they told me porkies, didnt respond to my emails and texts...so, if you part with a lot of money and start having problems with the equipment, its unlikely you will get money back. Sometimes its wiser buying something more expensive from a reputable company if you are guaranteed the best materials, service and performance. Hope this helps a little.

Carlton Professional have a fabulous RF machine & I have many of their machines over the past 35yrs and they still look & perform as they did from day 1. They offer servicing of the machines too.

If people are interested in RF and MC machines I most definitely recommend Zemmits !! The prices are great, you get training so you are insureable and the machines are FDA and CE approved and cleared !! Customer service is excellent too !!! They do fabulous 1-7 machines multi function at a fraction of the price of some machines that don’t have FDA or CE approval!! Don’t buy from Amazon you won’t be insured and could be doing more harm than good! 😊

Latest posts

Back