Maddison's Unique Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
Is anyone at all familiar with this brand?

So far as I can tell, they are a brand operating from a salon in Scotland, with their own range of gel polishes. The colour range is huge. I've got a few and they perform really really well and as I say the colour range is excellent.

They are also very affordable (which is why I grabbed a few to try).

So we've got huge colour range, great price, good service, and great performance.

but I'm wondering if there's a catch? I don't know why I'm suspicious and I dont' want to be, but I'm wondering if they are repackaged other brands, or from China or something and wondering if anyone can shed any light.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking at your face on your profile as I'm thinking... I know you... I know you. CHARLIE! Where have you been? What's happened to your blog? Why didn't I know you were a nail tech?! I've not heard of this brand btw, I always get a bit dubious x

I'm looking at your face on your profile as I'm thinking... I know you... I know you. CHARLIE! Where have you been? What's happened to your blog? Why didn't I know you were a nail tech?! I've not heard of this brand btw, I always get a bit dubious x

hello lovely! I don't know how you didn't know I was a nail tech! Fully qualified (although still much more to learn and qualify in)! That being said I did take a HUGE break from it and have only recently restarted and am currently not offering a full service so baby steps back in! When I gave up I sold EVERYTHING. My whole kit, all my my acrylic stuff, my huge Artistic Colour Gloss set, my tables, lamps, everything, so literally building back up very slowly!

The blog... well something had to give. I'm doing paid copy writing, and my daughter is hard work, there was lots of trauma with my daughter and my heart wasn't in blogging anymore and I just had a melt down and got shot of it all! I am on twitter (and am following you) under a new account, but I don't really follow any blogs or bloggers or anything any more. I've totally removed myself from that world and I haven't missed it at all!

The brand itself is so small and relatively new so I'm dubious too, but proof of the pudding is so far absolutely excellent.

hello lovely! I don't know how you didn't know I was a nail tech! Fully qualified (although still much more to learn and qualify in)! That being said I did take a HUGE break from it and have only recently restarted and am currently not offering a full service so baby steps back in! When I gave up I sold EVERYTHING. My whole kit, all my my acrylic stuff, my huge Artistic Colour Gloss set, my tables, lamps, everything, so literally building back up very slowly!

The blog... well something had to give. I'm doing paid copy writing, and my daughter is hard work, there was lots of trauma with my daughter and my heart wasn't in blogging anymore and I just had a melt down and got shot of it all! I am on twitter (and am following you) under a new account, but I don't really follow any blogs or bloggers or anything any more. I've totally removed myself from that world and I haven't missed it at all!

The brand itself is so small and relatively new so I'm dubious too, but proof of the pudding is so far absolutely excellent.

Ahhhh I feel like I vaguely remember something but I don't think you ever instagrammed photos of nails so it's fallen into the back of my mind or something.

Understandable that something had to give but let me tell you now... When I realised you were gone, I checked Twitter and let me tell you know, you may not miss blogging/ bloggers but they miss you. Look yourself, there's messages off people up to two days ago. I even texted Leanne (OCD) to see if she knew what had happened and she told me to tell you if I spoke to you that she misses you.

Keep in touch, I don't want you to disappear completely! x

I'll PM you later actually, I have looked at the tweets and seen my arch nemesis sticking her oar in. But I'll take this off board x

I've just bought some Maddison's gel and love the colour range! I've put it on myself and one client so far. I cured for 2 mins on myself and 90 seconds with my client. Mind hasn't budged despite doing 5 soak offs and hers is chipping at the free edge. The bottle says cure for 1 minute but I'm doubtful this would work! Does anyone else have any experience? Xx

I'm new to this....launching my business in the next month, but a while ago I purchased six colours and base and top coats from Maddison's just for me...whilst I have liked them, it is making me very nervous as they are imported from China and repackaged and if you read the small print on the website the chemical warning is quite scary!! Don't think I'll be risking paying clients with them. Big question for me know is Shellac or Gelish? The cnd lamp issues is worrying me, but everyone loves the brand. However Gelish have such a great range, and I love the LED lamp idea instead of uv....can't seem to make a decision....HELP!!!

Latest posts

Back