Make massage client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashesbya

Reaction score
a friend of mine gave my number out to a male friend for a deep tissue massage which I do not feel comfortable doing I don’t want to say that so made an excuse the person that wanted a massage I met at a social get together and they now keep messaging me asking me for a massage.

I don’t know what to say to stop the person messaging me help.

Be brave. “I’m really sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t offer massage to men I’m afraid. Im flattered that friend X recommended me but she didn’t ask me first. My fingers and wrists are not strong enough for a male body and I can’t risk a strain. I’m so sorry. Have you tried salon Y?”

Be brave. “I’m really sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t offer massage to men I’m afraid. Im flattered that friend X recommended me but she didn’t ask me first. My fingers and wrists are not strong enough for a male body and I can’t risk a strain. I’m so sorry. Have you tried salon Y?”

Don't be afraid, men never write they're are 'afraid' of something like this and neither should women. We're not afraid of it, even if it's not what they want to hear.

“I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t offer massage to men. Im flattered that friend X recommended me but she perhaps was not aware of my services. I have heard good reviews of salon Y the may be able to assist”

Great point Trinity! I shall make a note

Don't be afraid, men never write they're are 'afraid' of something like this and neither should women. We're not afraid of it, even if it's not what they want to hear.

“I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t offer massage to men. Im flattered that friend X recommended me but she perhaps was not aware of my services. I have heard good reviews of salon Y the may be able to assist”
Thank you this is a great reply back 😊

I simply say.... "Sorry but I am not insured to treat men."

I know I could do the treatment, but that is my get out. My choice entirely.
Good luck Lashesbya.

I find if anyone (male or female) starts off asking for deep tissue, I'm not going to be firm enough regardless of what it's called.
I'd not even mention anything about "men", just "I'm not the right massage therapist for you, I don't do deep tissue massage." There's nothing to apologise about, he wants deep tissue, you don't do deep tissue (assuming you don't have specific deep tissue training). If he then says that's ok, just stick to 'you're looking for deep tissue, find a deep tissue therapist', I'm not trained in deep tissue, I'm not insured for deep tissue', etc.

I find if anyone (male or female) starts off asking for deep tissue, I'm not going to be firm enough regardless of what it's called. gargoyle miniatures
I'd not even mention anything about "men", just "I'm not the right massage therapist for you, I don't do deep tissue massage." There's nothing to apologise about, he wants deep tissue, you don't do deep tissue (assuming you don't have specific deep tissue training). If he then says that's ok, just stick to 'you're looking for deep tissue, find a deep tissue therapist', I'm not trained in deep tissue, I'm not insured for deep tissue', etc. https://www.viberate.com/music-analytics/stats-for-spotify/

Absolutely!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back