Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also - any good youtube videos or tips on applying mascara to someone. I know practice makes perfect, but I'm finding this really difficult.

I would like to purchase some mac foundations for my kit. Am i right in thinking the studio fic is a good all rounder? Or any other suggestions please. Wont be using for bridal but am interested if there is much flashback from their foundations?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would like to purchase some mac foundations for my kit. Am i right in thinking the studio fic is a good all rounder? Or any other suggestions please. Wont be using for bridal but am interested if there is much flashback from their foundations?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find Pro Longwear liquid better and it is actually nice for Brides who want more of a full coverage than face and body (I know your not using it for brides but just to let you know) It only has an SPF of 10 so set with powder it's great and no flashback. It is quite a thick coverage so you have to work quite quickly with it! X

Also - any good youtube videos or tips on applying mascara to someone. I know practice makes perfect, but I'm finding this really difficult.

I find getting the client to close their eyes, lifting the lid and applying the mascara is best. You get right to the roots of the lashes and you haven't got the issue of clients blinking and feeling uncomfortable with a wand coming straight at them x

Sarah the only way to get confidence is to practice. When I first started I was super nervous and I still do get nervous always will. But I know I do a good job.

The first wedding I ever did was my best friend's and I was bricking it and saying are you sure I'm good enough... she told me she thought I absolutely was (and a few things I won't repeat haha) and so I had to get on with it and jyst pretend I was doing our make up for a night out like I had a hundred times before.

Believe in yourself. Your tutor does so go for it!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

me too big jobs I still be internally stressing but don't show it

I think we're all hard on ourseves aren't we?

Hi everyone, am just starting out & would like to purchase a good mobile makeup station, where could I get a really good one for a reasonable price, thanx xx

Have you lovely geeks been using velour lashes?...oh they are amazing. bit pricier but reusable up to 25 times and come in lovely box set.

I'm thinking to retail mine with every makeup application as a extra. They are apparently mink lashes with a very soft not rigid feel. I brought a few sets at imats and im quite impressed. but i think more for me compared to giving them to clients lol xoxo

Have you lovely geeks been using velour lashes?...oh they are amazing. bit pricier but reusable up to 25 times and come in lovely box set.

I'm thinking to retail mine with every makeup application as a extra. They are apparently mink lashes with a very soft not rigid feel. I brought a few sets at imats and im quite impressed. but i think more for me compared to giving them to clients lol xoxo
I haven't because they're mink. But I've seen a lot of people using them on youtube and they are always saying they're good.

Hi everyone, am just starting out & would like to purchase a good mobile makeup station, where could I get a really good one for a reasonable price, thanx xx

I got mine at professional beauty show in london a few months back for £200, vat free. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405019849.035044.jpg. About the size of a small hand luggage case with wheels when folded down.

Oh it looks ideal, can u tell me the make of it, I might be able to find it online, xx

A bit controversial, but has anyone had a play with the bh cosmetics eye pallets? I'm actually very impressed. I've mostly been using them for kids pamper parties but I keep going for the coral colours myself. I also use their brow pallets for brow design & May retail as they are so well priced.

A bit controversial, but has anyone had a play with the bh cosmetics eye pallets? I'm actually very impressed. I've mostly been using them for kids pamper parties but I keep going for the coral colours myself. I also use their brow pallets for brow design & May retail as they are so well priced.

No but I keep eyeing the galaxy palette. Looks fab.

What's everyones favourite:-

High lighter? Liquid or dry

I mostly use liquid - benefit's High Beam, its so easy to use!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

Illamasqua gleam in 'aurora'...gorgeous highlighter. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405248019.549124.jpg

Tom ford shade and illuminate, cream based and is just beautiful!
I also love my Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks.. Rose quartz and Bronze are my favourite shades.

My favourite liquid highlighter is a super cheapy from no.17!! It's lovely. I prob wouldn't use it on a client though.

Powder wise I love the illamasqua contour/highlight palette. Lovely.

Girls you've given me so much choice!!! lol

I feel a little shopping coming on

Cream highlighter or liquid purely for the blendability & dewy look! I always use Graftobian HD Glamour Creme in Nymph as my highlighter

I use mainly Mac on my clients and always get huge raves on it & always happy clients. But I'm interested in trying out airbrush makeup.. What are the best systems out there? Any advice appreciated

Vee💎

Latest posts

Back