Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any advice on make-up for Rosasea? Really quite bad redness but with acne-like bumps all over the face x

I would counter the red with a green concealer, then proceed as usual: If more coverage is needed, apply a skin-tone concealer and foundation.
Set it well :)

Hey all :) can i just ask, what helps make glittery eyeshadow last ? I've used a eye primer (not urban decay), but my buzz eyeshadow (naked 3 pallette) just doesn't have that long staying power, the glitter just went after like a few hours + was left with a standard matte colour.

Any helps or tips ladies? Thanks in advance x

Sadly it's not uncommon for me to experience glitter fall out with UD glittery eyeshadows :(
When I apply them wet (with water or fix+) they sure gain vibrancy but when it dries the glitter still wander around. I find that Mixing Medium by Mac helps with that.

How's going for you? Did you see any improvement with the advice you've got so far?

Hey :)) just like to know how you all apply lipstick ? I tend to apply from bullet 1st n then go over with a brush. Is there any best way ? X

Yep me too, especially on a hurry, tend to apply the lipstick on myself straight from the bullet, unless I'm going to need a long staying power then I use the method as for the clients: apply lip balm, do the rest of the face, wipe the lip balm off, lip liner, go over it with a lip brush, and let it set for a minute or blot the lips with a tissue paper, apply lipstick with the lip brush, blot again, reapply lipstick again and blot one last time.
At this point, I either dust lightely some translucent powder for a mat look (and set the lipstick even more, but only if I don't have too dried lips) or apply a gloss.

If you don't appy the lip gloss, the "blotting technique" is fantastic to avoid/reducing leaving marks on the glasses you drink from ;) and for long days/nights out!

I'm so excited you guys... I go to NY in October and I've been looking around what's near my hotel. I'm a 5 minute walk from Macy's, a sephora, inglot and a bunch of others. I feel a bit sorry for my BF, he doesn't have a clue what's gonna hit him! hahahaha

In other news, has anyone tried any of the Charlotte Tilbury stuff? It all looks so lovely, but it's so pricey that I wanna play with it before I buy anything. I think I'd have to go to london though to do that.

Just read that Inglot are gonna be at Olympia Beauty in October. I don't think I'm going this year but if anyone's looking to stock up on good stuff for their kit, they're worth a look. They're pretty cheap already and if they do any show discounts it'll be brilliant.

I love their eyeshadows and gel liners. I'd like to get some more of them myself for my kit.

Here's a few eye make ups I've been practising on myself, any criticism ? X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 234
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 157
No criticism. They're great.

These are stunning ;)

Cheers ladies, I do find it quite hard 2 blend though. Any tips ? X

Can I have some tips on how to do that perfect eyeliner please?? I'm hopeless at it! For blending I personally find that applying a base colour in a skin tone and then gradually applying and blending tiny amounts of the colours you want to use on top is easiest. If I put too much product on in one go it doesn't work well for me. Also pigment powders seem to be easier to blend although messier!

Eyeliner tips now please! :D

Can I have some tips on how to do that perfect eyeliner please?? I'm hopeless at it! For blending I personally find that applying a base colour in a skin tone and then gradually applying and blending tiny amounts of the colours you want to use on top is easiest. If I put too much product on in one go it doesn't work well for me. Also pigment powders seem to be easier to blend although messier!

Eyeliner tips now please! :D

Cheers Emsyj, I do do that maybe my technique ? Or brush ? Or both lol

With the eyeliner for under eye I use a straight angled brush like the one for eyebrows, for the cut crease I use a thin pointed one both from real techniques eye set. I use little product on boy + work it up x

Looking for some nice eyelashes for clients ? Not 2 costly but thinking whispy ? Any suggestions thanks x

I've got every brush ever invented including those Real Techniques ones, although never actually used the fine eyeliner brush! Will give it a go. I use Zoeva and Royal Silk eye brushes for blending.

Love this thread. I have just started doing make up! X

Yeh Emsyj that's what I use for my cut crease, I use it with a gel liner though helps glide on smoothly then blend out ☺️

It's a great thread Amy ! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448313019.733185.jpg

Has anyone got any tips on eyeliner? Does anyone use tape? Also how do you know where to end the flick or what angle? This was my practice model but the eyeliner did not work with her eyes X

I don't use tape. In my area WAY too many ladies use tape. I personally think it looks awful a lot of ladies in my area do a sharp liner with tape + then a really low dark undereye, like low almost high cheek bone low lol
To me it looks fine, but your lady has hooded eye lids, so I would have smoked it out a little more 2 pull them up a bit love, maybe someone with more experience mayb able to go more in depth though ☺️ X

That's great thanks ParissD do you mean pull the smoke out and up or just deeper smoke?

With a hooded lid, work outwards, rather than upwards. Which will make more sense when you do it, but basically if the lid is hooded, it's pointless doing a tonne of work on the lid for it not to be seen when their eyes are open.

So do any crease and liner work with the eye open. Take a look on youtube at Pixiwoos, they have a couple of hooded lid tutorials.

Re the winging of liner, I try to work with using the lower lash line as a guide. So Imagine you're carrying on the line from the lower lash line and aim the wing towards the tail of the eyebrow. You can use tape method if you want, personally I only ever do that on myself, not on a client.

The Zoeva wing liner brush is brilliant for kind of stamping on the flick. I quite often switch between a couple of different brushes though. Getting it even is the hardest part.

This is a good video, has quite a few good tips.

Latest posts

Back