Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know a drugstore alternative to ysl touch eclat? Or anything similar?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No 7 do one that's pretty nice.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

right this is along shot but thought id ask

mac f & b being repackaged wont be out to end of august and I cant get colours I want

looking at illamsqua skin base but nearest shop 2 1/2 hours away

I was colour matched in mac f &b for c6 - any ideas on what would be closest to that in skin base?

and which of the skin base shades do you use most?

I think I probably use 3.5, 6 and 9 the most. They do a very light shade, 2, which is good for mixing, and they also do a white, so you don't have to buy many shades initially as they are easy to mix. You could always call Illamasqua for some shade advice then purchase online.

Not sure what C6 would be off the top of my head, sorry.

Asda 'George' under eye concealer in the silver click pen/tube.
It's amazing! I used to use ysl and since discovering this I've never looked back. And at £4.50 it's a bargain. x

I love the Aldi highlighter in same pen as touché éclat. Really good value (about £4), not grainy, and easy to get hold of. Limited shades available (3 I think), but at such a bargain, I'm happy to buy all 3 and have a lil mix. Hth.x

Hot weather and creme makeup products tip!

To keep my creme blusters, consealers and foundations from melting during this hot weather I put a small cooler bag in the fridge and took it out after an hour or so and then popped my creme products in zip lock bag and then in the cooler bag.

Take out 5/ mins while doing consult for them to reach room temp.

Stops them melting in the car and at clients homes.

Last edited:
For those who use revlon 24hr foundation, what are your most popular shades?

Hey!

I am looking to get a graftobian hd foundation pallette for christmas and I am just stuck on which pallette to go for as nobody I know around here uses this brand. I live in Ireland with obviously cooler skin tones and lots of pink so my original thought was to go for the cool pallette but now I'm thinking the neutral because the cool is almost too pink.

What do this of you who have this pallette use the most? The top is cool, Middle is neutral and bottom is warm. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415982417.297791.jpg

What is it your looking to do is it. Bridal or photographic work?
I'm saving for mac face and body as the more u work it the more buildable coverage wise
And looks great in photos but I do more photographic work.i just have a few shades and mix them.
I'm sure
U will get a few more responses for bridal work

Great Post!!!

You said that you're saving for Mac Face and Body. Can I ask what do you use in the mean time

For those who use revlon 24hr foundation, what are your most popular shades?

Number 400 (can't remember the name right now)

Hi ladies
Has anyone applied make up to a transgender. I have been emailed by so one who would like their make up done but I have no experience any help/advice would be appreciated.

Do any of you have the real techniques blush brush? If so can someone tell me if it has a hard spine like piece running down the centre of the bristles about half way down? Dont know if i just have got a dodgy one or if this is how the brushes are?

Just had a look at my blush brush and it doesn't have a spine x

Thanks very much for checking. I was sure this was a faulty one

I have a mother of the groom in for make up tomorrow could anyone give colour advice on the eyes...her outfit is blue..nails are pink..anything would be greatly appreciated xx

I'd maybe keep her eyes neutral using creams, browns etc and use a pink lipstick that goes with the nails

I was thinking that we am trying so hard to visualise for some reason I can't she never wears make up and doesn't want liner I need to go check printrest for some inspiration lol..Thank you xx

I have a mother of the groom in for make up tomorrow could anyone give colour advice on the eyes...her outfit is blue..nails are pink..anything would be greatly appreciated xx

Chat to her and find out what she would like

But usually I would opt for soft brown, cream, warm gold, neutrally tones

Instead of pencil eyeliner you could use a dark brown eyeshadow as eyeliner but keep it soft and blended in

Thanks girls stuck to neutrals was happy with the result...Thanks again xx

Can you apply for a pro card if you have a hnd in beauty...We covered make up in this but obviously not to the extent of a make up course..I have took lessons with urban decay and also a mac make up artist but you don't get certificates with these..was just wondering xx

Latest posts

Back