Make up artists, what do you think about this course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdawson24

Reaction score
I just did a make up course with the carlton institute which was utter garbage! Looking to do some further training.. I have 3 young kids so it's difficult to do a week long course or even the year long at college and manage child care and my hairdressing business.. anyway this is a study at home course and to get the certification you need to do like 10 make ups and send pics to be analysed..
do you think it's worth it?

Online Makeup Courses | Makeup Classes | Schools | Lessons

Thanks,
C

I just did a make up course with the carlton institute which was utter garbage! Looking to do some further training.. I have 3 young kids so it's difficult to do a week long course or even the year long at college and manage child care and my hairdressing business.. anyway this is a study at home course and to get the certification you need to do like 10 make ups and send pics to be analysed..
do you think it's worth it?

Online Makeup Courses | Makeup Classes | Schools | Lessons

Thanks,
C

i wouldnt bother... you may aswell just practise on yourself and watch 100s of youtube tutorials. I'm self-taught but done a crappy 3 day course in a local salon so i could get a certificate... Now i run my own freelance makeup business and its very successful in my area. You can buy a nice new kit for the price of some courses

Yeah you're right, can I ask when you first started freelance which foundation s did you use? I'm on a pretty tight budget and dont know what to do about foundations x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya, just wanted to add my bit-?i know someone who's completed that course- not worth it, and once people know you've done an "online" it tends to surround you with a lot of negativity. You tube, online tutorial etc is a fab way to learn and discover whether it really suits you. Some great make up artists are simply self taught. In terms of insurance etc it'd be better to commit to something like London school of make up- good rep and they have a two day course at a really good price which includes home study. Maybe take a look at that? But maybe practice as much as possible first so when you get there you know you're problem areas and can focus on getting help with those? Good luck x

I'm wanting to do A make up course but not sure who to train with so following this post!! Mostly interested in prom/wedding makeup xx

they do a brilliant day course in liverpool . theres a few around the country also x :Love: you then get Pro Discount x antonia it a brilliant trainer x

Courses nowadays are either pricy or awful!!! Work out your weak points and have 121 lesson with a experienced artist in your area!! :)

Latest posts

Back