Make Up Charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs RSM

Reaction score
Please lovely ladies can you advise me. How much do you/would you charge or say is reasonable to charge for make up for a not that special occasion,ie not a wedding but say for a day at the races? Have used search option but to no avail :biggrin:

I looked around my local area to see what everyone else was charging. I charge the same for all occasions, whether its a night out, day at the races or a wedding (not a bride tho) - £26

HTH
Kara

i charge £25 for standard make up and £35 for airbrushed . irrelevant of occasion x

I use Airbase spray on foundation/bronzer/blusher and I charge £20.00 for just this if they want to do their own eyes and lips and £40.00 for the whole thing. Makes no difference what the occasion is.

Jacqui xx

Thank you all. We have a freelance lady that will come to the salon to do make up and her charge was from £40 and I wondered if that was alot or not.

I suppose like many things, it depends on where you are and what the "norm" is in the area. I personally charge £25 for special occasions with and additional charge if they want a trial.

£40 seems a lot to me, but then I have met a make-up artist who charges £100's!

Thank you all. We have a freelance lady that will come to the salon to do make up and her charge was from £40 and I wondered if that was alot or not.

Surrey is considered to be quiet an up market area, so maybe she's bang on here. I'd look at what's being charged in your area and how well qualified/experienced she is.

Hi guys
Just wanting to know how much would u roughly charge for special occasion/bridal if u use the mac products and products like make up forever
Bear in mind these foundations alone range about £19-26 and eyeshadows and powder are £11.50 and start from £17.50

I have a lady who asked me what I charged as she got my number from someone at work who used me and I said £60 but if she wants mac lashes then it's extra if she just wants normal run of the mill strip lashes then no additional cost
She said
"That's far too much"

I asked her if she uses mac etc and she says of course!
I explained I don't use sleek or island beauty and I do my work well,

She says she thought I'd be charging £35!!
No way dude

Just yesterday I went and picked up the following items for a wedding in july and this is what i got and how much it totalled
loose powder
foundation
And an eyeshadow
That little shop cost me £49.50

What would u guys in here say would be a good price for both clients and myself where I know I'm no out of pocket and they aren't put off.

My make up artist charge me on my wedding day £150 and she used only mac .

I didn't complain or tried to haggle, just coughed up on the morning of my big day.

Latest posts

Back