Make up course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelz29

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing a make up course and thinking my preference is MAC but am open to opinions of others please. Also is the training only in london?? Roughly how much would I be looking to spend??

Thank you for your comments xx

I'm looking into doing a make up course and thinking my preference is MAC but am open to opinions of others please. Also is the training only in london?? Roughly how much would I be looking to spend??

Thank you for your comments xx
Hi Kelz - see you are in Coventry too!

Mac do do make up lessons in Selfridges Birmingham, but all I would say is there is SO much more to make up than just 'MAC', there are so many better brands and training schools out there! Illamasqua do a wealth of training courses ( London only), Peaches and Cream (Liverpool) do classes also which I have been too and recommend.

Urban Decay in Debenhams Coventry do make up lessons for yourself, I am going to go and try them out so hold fire before booking!

I also do make up lessons but I mainly do them for clients not professionals so much. What are you looking to do? Bridal make up? Special occasion?

Thank you for your reply sally I'm looking into doing bridal and occasion. I did make up in level 2 but not done it since would this qualification cover me if I was to practice myself?? As there are loads of cheaper courses and of course loads of tutorials on you tube. This would I imagine save me money??

Thank you for your reply sally I'm looking into doing bridal and occasion. I did make up in level 2 but not done it since would this qualification cover me if I was to practice myself?? As there are loads of cheaper courses and of course loads of tutorials on you tube. This would I imagine save me money??

Well yes it would, its obviously up to you where you invest your money. Also you are covered by your level 2 nvq qualification. But as a NVQ teacher in the past I can tell you how basic the make up is in level 2 and also how much has changed with make up in the last few years.

Love this :) I did level 2 makeup in 2010 and decided not to further the makeup side of training because it didn't make a difference to my employability at the time what with wanting to work in spas and salons. If I knew then what I know now, having toyed with the idea of doing level 3 makeup over the years, I wish I did the level 3 makeup courses when they were cheaper a few years ago. All that said, I'm now aiming to do a lot of the vtct makeup qualifications on a modular basis because there is so much more insight and techniques at level 3 so I think it's worth it.

With teaching makeup in a college, what industry experience do they look for in a teacher?

Well yes it would, its obviously up to you where you invest your money. Also you are covered by your level 2 nvq qualification. But as a NVQ teacher in the past I can tell you how basic the make up is in level 2 and also how much has changed with make up in the last few years.

Latest posts

Back