Make up - how do you know what colour will suit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexylove

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be doing my beauty exam in about a month:eek: , but one thing I'm not sure on is when doing make-up how do you know what colours will suite people? especially around the eyes? can you go with anything or are ther certain paltes you should follow for certain colourings?

Please help a confused geek:hug:

Have you covered skin tones and looking to see whether the skin is a cool tone or warm?

This helped me alot, as most makeup course books will help to show which colours suit each skin tone.

but sometimes only trial and error and experience with your products will help.

No we haven't just application, and then read the rest of the book!! Can you sugest any good reads on it?

No we haven't just application, and then read the rest of the book!! Can you sugest any good reads on it?

have a look at the colour links on the attached - gives some good pictures as well as written - will add some more good ones when I find them

cool/warm skin tones makeup

HTH

Hi. Tru to have a look at this site: MakeupTalk
Maybe you can find you answer there. hth

Thanks for your help guys I'll start checking these out:hug:

Oh bugger it!!! Sorry leni but the server is down on your link I'll have to try again later. Thanks again!!:green:

Wow, does that person writing for 'Moving Makeup' (oey's link) get commission from MAC?:lol: Btw....just so there's no misunderstandings....MAC staff are not all makeup artists, unless you're the sort of person who uses the term makeup artist very loosely!

Do you have a colour wheel lexy? This would help you a lot.

Also do you have Trinny and Susannah's second book (the silver one) they are spot on with colour theory in there.

How far are you with understanding colour? Because I don't want to spell it all out for you if you're thinking "ahem....know all this already!"....give us an idea of where you're up to and I'll try and help you out.

Make Up Talk is an excellent site, just bear in mind there are a few good professionals and a lot of amateur wannabes on there, so don't take just anybody's advice as gospel! As a rule, the 'stickies' that are at the top of a lot of the forums on Make Up Talk are good advice and that's why they have been stickied!

good luck hun, hth :green:

Latest posts

Back