Make Up Pamper Event - can it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe/TreatMe

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for your thoughts and ideas, someone has approached me to do make up at a charity event coming up. All they want is £5 for the table which will go to charity and a raffle prize anything else I make I get to keep.

I am struggling to see how this will work. If I offer people a make over for say £10 I think people will think that is quite steep if they are not planning on going out after the event if then end up going home to wash it off. Also how I was trained a good application of make up and shading and contouring it would take 30 mins to apply a good finish.....I dont have any make up items to sell so it will literally just be me giving people make overs.

Any advice or ideas if anyone has done this and made it work would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You could do a 15 minute make-up lesson for £5 and just give advice or tips on area that the clients want to learn or improve e.g smokey eyes (always requested) or the perfect red lip, make-up for mature eyes, how to change a day look to a night look (just do the eyes & blusher change), how to contour and highlight the face to enhance bone structure, how to get that red carpet look, how to conceal blemishes, pigmentation, or under eyes etc, crikey I could go on and on!

Any of these can be done in 15 mins just make sure that you don't over-run or if they want further advice they pay for another 15 mins!

X

could be good for repeat business too, if comeone is out looking for a make up artist for weddings etc

Thanks great advice thank you x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hello

I am looking for your thoughts and ideas, someone has approached me to do make up at a charity event coming up. All they want is £5 for the table which will go to charity and a raffle prize anything else I make I get to keep.

I am struggling to see how this will work. If I offer people a make over for say £10 I think people will think that is quite steep if they are not planning on going out after the event if then end up going home to wash it off. Also how I was trained a good application of make up and shading and contouring it would take 30 mins to apply a good finish.....I dont have any make up items to sell so it will literally just be me giving people make overs.

Any advice or ideas if anyone has done this and made it work would be much appreciated. Thanks!

To give you some food for thought. We at Artdeco have a makeup team that go to new accounts and existing customer beauty salons for evening events. We either use the salons own Artdeco retail products,

We then do makeover demonstrations using the Artdeco products. With an attendance of say 12 to 16 people we average £600 in sales and have done as much as £950 for a couple of hours.

The interesting bit about this is that due to the professional profit margin of 50% the salon owner makes £300.00 clear profit on selling £600.00.

Any professional makeup artist with the products and some training could do exactly the same. If you have fabulous products to demonstrate that do something special for the women that is visible instantly and is on-trend, you can't fail. If they are amazing value as well then it is a simple formula. We can give you the salon owners phone numbers to confirm we are telling the truth.

Artdeco MUA xxx

Artdeco 0151 421 1234 [email protected]

U cud also try doin 5min quick fixes if they come wit makeup on u cud transform a look by doin just eyes, lips or cheeks. This cud also give them a taster of what u r capable of and they may want to use yr service on a nite out/special occasion. Hth xo

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

To give you some food for thought. We at Artdeco have a makeup team that go to new accounts and existing customer beauty salons for evening events. We either use the salons own Artdeco retail products,

We then do makeover demonstrations using the Artdeco products. With an attendance of say 12 to 16 people we average £600 in sales and have done as much as £950 for a couple of hours.

The interesting bit about this is that due to the professional profit margin of 50% the salon owner makes £300.00 clear profit on selling £600.00.

Any professional makeup artist with the products and some training could do exactly the same. If you have fabulous products to demonstrate that do something special for the women that is visible instantly and is on-trend, you can't fail. If they are amazing value as well then it is a simple formula. We can give you the salon owners phone numbers to confirm we are telling the truth.

Artdeco MUA xxx

Artdeco 0151 421 1234 [email protected]

Really good idea. I retail Artdeco and I'm looking for different, fun and profitable events too. Thanks

Latest posts

Back