Make Up Removal Before Sunbed Session

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennykins

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I was wondering if it is essential to remove your make up before having a sunbed session.

I used to work with girls who went for a session in their lunch break but i cant remember whether or not they took theirs off and re-applied it or just went on with their make up on!

I wanna start going on sunbeds occassionally to get a bit of colour but i'd prefer to do it when i'm out and about in between clients....any advice would be great xx

Hi,

I use sunbeds a lot and I have to say rightly or wrongly I do not remove my makeup before hand. I would say that if you have heavy foundation on or one with sunscreen this could make your face slightly slower to tan - but remember goggles are very important.

xxx

i never took mine off it says u should but i still got a tan on my face. never wore goggles neither wore those wink ease things instead just as safe but no lines! lol :)

I know your meant to but I don't remove my make up ( go outside without my ''face on''...NEVER!!! :Scared: )

also I am fair skinned and my face tends to burn sooner so I keep my make up on cause my foundation has SF15 in it and this stops me looking like a tomato!! :lol:
HTH x

ditto, i dont remove my make up. i dont think it makes much difference to my skin or my tan!

Jennykins said:
Hey Geeks,

I was wondering if it is essential to remove your make up before having a sunbed session.

I used to work with girls who went for a session in their lunch break but i cant remember whether or not they took theirs off and re-applied it or just went on with their make up on!

I wanna start going on sunbeds occassionally to get a bit of colour but i'd prefer to do it when i'm out and about in between clients....any advice would be great xx

I don't remove my make up but I don't use perfum or deodrant on my skin before a sunbed cos I once burnt myself where I had applied it:cry:

i always used to tak emine off before i went on (i thought u had too) used to ru into the gym and out again so no one saw me without makeup on and me hair scraped up - what a state lol. i feel really naked without me eyeliner xx

thanks for all your replies girls xx

i always advice clients to re move make, because i put a lot of sun block on once and when i removed it i looked like adam ant my face was red and were i had put the sun block was white god i looked a fool :o

hiya ive just joined this site . i actually own a tanning studio and it is advised to remove make-up before a sunbed session as you will gain a better deeper tan , than leaving it on

it is advised to take your make-up off prior to sunbed session, you get an even facial tan. it's ok to wear mascara and eye make-up, as long as you wear eye protection, just applies to foundation.
i always use a tanning cream on face and body prior to use, stops me from drying out my skin and i don't need foundation.

Latest posts

Back