Makeup artist help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlyhewes

Reaction score
So I'm fully qualified in Makeup and only ever done it when I've worked in salons etc but I've got such a love for it I want to try and start it up as a career. But I just don't know where to start and what to think about.

Do I need to set up a contract for clients to sign?
Would I be able to do some Makeup from my own home? ( in terms of brides would I be able to do there trial makeup from home and then go to there's or there venue on the day of the wedding)
Is there a big demand for it also?I do eyelash extensions and brows so I'm hoping this can fit around one another

Hi. Makeup goes well with lashes and brows, as they would keep you going in the winter. Its fine to do at home as long as your home is giving the right image. I get my clients to sign the consultation form to agree the terms and they are also on my website.
Maybe a short course might help thats specific to brides?

Hello. I do not work in makeup but I think what you ask is similar to how works for nails and skin and this is my area of work and I know many in mobile business for nail.
Yes you should put contract to make sure you have no problems and make sure your client know your term and what is included what is not. In my work salon we use consultation form too. we look on condition of the client and ask question and then have sign to say information is correct and they understand risk and rule and term of the salon giving this service it is all written on the paper. You should have this same thing for sure if you start your own business mobile to protect your business and also for client record.
I think is not any problem to do from home but if you plan be mobile for weddings then you can also offer to go to the bride home to do the test makeup too.
What orchard say is good advise because you do not want client come to home and think badly things so I recommend if you do home make makeup room for client and all area client can go keep clean and nice.
I am not sure demand for makeup my salon does not have makeup artist but I think big competition for makeup because where I live we have many makeup store with makeup artist always working and sometime offer free makeup if you buy makeup and many women go here for special makeup but maybe is different where you live. I think is good you provide eyebrow and eyelash because if you can give package service to bride for sure will be good idea. Good luck with your business

Latest posts

Back